Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does it take so long to hear rumor of keith thurman next fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does it take so long to hear rumor of keith thurman next fight?

This guy just headlined a card with lucas M has the intern belt , which makes him the mandatory to maidana/Floyd belt ....and we hear nothing about his next fight .....we know lucas is back and broner back on the same card ...broner just fought after lucas and thurman,and is already set him for September 6

Why isn't alhaymon - Showtime -GB not pushing harder on thurman to the public
    That guy got the style he ..a KO artest with power....looks different from any other fighter ....I don't any other boxer with long hair KOing anybody lol

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
    This guy just headlined a card with lucas M has the intern belt , which makes him the mandatory to maidana/Floyd belt ....and we hear nothing about his next fight .....we know lucas is back and broner back on the same card ...broner just fought after lucas and thurman,and is already set him for September 6

Why isn't alhaymon - Showtime -GB not pushing harder on thurman to the public
    That guy got the style he ..a KO artest with power....looks different from any other fighter ....I don't any other boxer with long hair KOing anybody lol
    Thurman vs Broner would be lose-lose for GBP. I think they do want to build Thurman up (that's why they gave him Diaz as an easy chance to one-up Khan), but they haven't given up on Broner either. They don't want either to lose.

They did try to feed Guerrero to Thurman (it would have been a logical choice from their perspective), but Guerrero was having none of it.

Comment

Maybe they're trying to set up a fight with Alexander? Alexander only fought on June 21st so probably not enough time to return early September. If they were gonna match Thurman up with another C class fighter, I think they probably would've just stuck him on the September 6th or 13th card. So I'm hoping an Alexander fight is in the works.

Comment

check that out btw, Garcia says he pulled Maidana out of the Thurman fight in 2012...but doesn't give a reason

Comment

I heard its alexander in october , they are working on the deal. They both beat soto karras and they want the winner thurman hopefully to fight brook porter winner . Thurman will never be allowed to fight floyd. He is too explosive and powerful and the gamble of him not landing a big bomb that puts floyd on queer street ala shane rd 2.

Any time floyd would engage thurman he might get put out.
          Styles make fights and thurman is all wrong for floyd .if maidana can hit him , if ortiz can you better bet thurman can and will go for it. Thuman can box and fight.exchange with him and thats your night

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
            I heard its alexander in october , they are working on the deal. They both beat soto karras and they want the winner thurman hopefully to fight brook porter winner . Thurman will never be allowed to fight floyd. He is too explosive and powerful and the gamble of him not landing a big bomb that puts floyd on queer street ala shane rd 2.

Any time floyd would engage thurman he might get put out.
            Styles make fights and thurman is all wrong for floyd .if maidana can hit him , if ortiz can you better bet thurman can and will go for it. Thuman can box and fight.exchange with him and thats your night
            Did Ortiz even land a clean power punch on Floyd's head? Did Maidana?

Thurman is a great prospect, but let's not get carried away just yet. Nothing I have seen of him so far suggests he is "all wrong" for Floyd. Doesn't mean he can't be, but beating Soto-Karass and Diaz doesn't prove it.

Comment

Keith thurman is irrelivent

Comment

Originally posted by rors_mc View Post
                Keith thurman is irrelivent
                He did better numbers then Guerrero

Comment

Working...
                X