Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward: I meant what I said about fighting Floyd...I want to fight chavez at 168!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    If he said this, I don't watch the video right now, than why did Andre say all that stuff about fighting Floyd was taken out of context and that he didn't really want to fight Floyd.
    He said he meant what he said, but also said it will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      Ward cherry picks all the time but no one says anything
      People did for Pavlik. Some reason Ward wants those easy fights. Maybe his hands are troubling him a lot and he wants to cash out.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Wanted Calzaghe to come out of retirement, wanted Pavlik to come up, wanted and got Dawson to come down, wants Chavez to come up, wants Mayweather to come up, every single fight in his backyard too.

I mean there are a lot of people that think Ward is p4p#1 and that's fine but he has a pretty strong pattern of doing things that lots of other fighters get crucified for even talking about much less carrying out.
        True but Golovkin is not KO'ing Ward. Floyd has more chance to KO Ward than Golovkin does.

Comment

which again is terrible. Make Chavez move up even though he doesnt fight there and just got ouclassed by Sergio or rematch guys you already clearly beat? Again, if Floyd did then that people would kill him for it.
          Except Chavez is fighting 160 pounders at 164 now.. Or are we acting like that wasnt just made public? :|...

As much as i love Chavez he's clearly dying for that size advantage.

Anyway... Ward is being silly with the 160. Fight Martinez as mentioned... Martinez seems to possibly be the money guy now at 160 aside from Chavez. Even then if they had a rematch I'm sure Martinez gets the bigger cut.

On a side note now that Chavez is trying to get fights at 164 (in texas lmao) who the f uck would want to fight him?

Comment

So first he wasn't serious now he is?

Comment

He wants Chavez, a fighter he knows he can dominate.

..........Ward needs to find some investments or something. His desperate need for a payday is counteractive to his image.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Chief View Post
                True but Golovkin is not KO'ing Ward. Floyd has more chance to KO Ward than Golovkin does.
                You have got to be kidding? Floyd doesn't even posses the power to ko Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  He wants Chavez, a fighter he knows he can dominate.

..........Ward needs to find some investments or something. His desperate need for a payday is counteractive to his image.
                  I don't blame him.
                  Best payday of his career and probably look amazing on PPV

Comment

I disagree. Floyd himself came from the lower weights and at that time he was entering the ring at 148 pounds. Just 1 pound over the WW limit. Ward actually started at 175, has moved down, and is huge at 168 while not being in multiple divisions like Floyd.

Floyd even now enters the ring at 150 pounds even for 154 pound fights so what do you think he will look like at MW? Meanwhile, JMM just KTFO the guy who a ton of people says is the best WW in recent memory.

Ward is a full time fighter while Floyd had been retired for a million years and had multiple long vacations. Many felt he would be extremely rusty. Again, JMM was just huge and killed Pac. Let me know when Floyd goes to 168 and kills Froch, Dirrell, or whoever.

Now I agree that Floyd did him wrong but thats a one time thing. My point is Ward is still talking about other fights like that. Not only that but what about him fighitng in his backyard fight after fight after fight? I feel like he's acting like he's done or is doing alot more then what he really has and the fans are letting him get away with it
                    While perhaps not as drastic as Marquez, it's not a one time thing for Floyd. His opponents tend to have fought very little at WW.

Marquez of Floyd was not the same Marquez that fought Manny. Secondly, styles are very different.

Ward as you said is huge for 168 and in fact has said to be going up a division very soon. So 160 is a sacrifice for Ward that he is only willing to do if its worth it. Similarly for Martinez vs Floyd.

The thing is that Floyd will not go for that. Floyd is a very selective fighter and wants the odds in his favor when he steps into the ring. Example, Marquez, Guerrero, ....

Finally, for Ward, Floyd would be really a one time deal for Ward and I'm sure that he would stick to the sacrifice of going down to 160. Not easy for a big 168lber.

Again, this will NEVER happen.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Man, Ward wanting another 160 pound fighter to move up huh? Why am I not shocked? I notice he didn't mention Golovkin moving up to face him though, not surprised at that either. I think Golovkin would knock Ward out pretty easily and Ward knows it.
                      Ward beats Golovkin pretty easily. Floyd made this personal when he dissed Ward that's why he's willing to fight him. Ward would never even thought about this type of match-up had Floyd just not been disrespectful. Ward just wants to shut him up....but he also knows this fight won't happen cause there's no way Floyd would ever fight anyone as big as Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X