Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spending a week in London - Things to do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come to Greenwich! See the park and the Maritime Museum. The East End has a lot going for it nowadays, but expect to encounter some irritating characters. If you want a good curry, try Tayyab's.

I wouldn't bother getting that 7 day tube pass. Get Oyster cards and use them as and when. London's a big place but the centre is more or less walkable.

I would definitely go to the British Museum and the V&A. The V&A always has cool stuff, I'll never forget going to the David Bowie exhibition last year.

Southbank is a must, it's a lovely walk along that side of the river.

Comment

i'm pretty sure you should get sh#tfaced.

also, it would be a huge honor if you let carl froch do your wife.

Comment

when i go on vacation, i ski during the day, and pound beers and food at night. i'll even bring a fat girl back to my hotel and wear it out.

to each his own, i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          i'm pretty sure you should get sh#tfaced.

also, it would be a huge honor if you let carl froch do your wife.
          Maybe Big Carl will return the favour

Comment

Originally posted by rorymac View Post
            Maybe Big Carl will return the favour

now that would be a f#cking vacation. i'd pay a good bit of money to see cordingly walking around topless and wearing our carl's boxing trunks.

Comment

camden is popular with tourists and i think it's nice for visitors to get out of zone 1 during their stay. you can grab something to eat in the food markets and check out some pubs like dublin castle and the hawley arms.

re. transport, get yourself a visitor oyster card: https://www.tfl.gov.uk/travel-inform...or-oyster-card

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                camden is popular with tourists and i think it's nice for visitors to get out of zone 1 during their stay. you can grab something to eat in the food markets and check out some pubs like dublin castle and the hawley arms.

re. transport, get yourself a visitor oyster card: https://www.tfl.gov.uk/travel-inform...or-oyster-card
                Yeah, I was going to recommend Camden also.

Great food down by the lock and good pubs/bars

Always some music gigs too if you're in to that kind of thing.

Comment

you MUST visit the Mosque in Regents Park. The people are nice...below is a photo
                  of one the them during a "pep rally".

Comment

Some really good advise. I'm definitely down to walk, as is my fiance. I much rather walk places than to spend the day in the tube. So much thanks for that advise. Also, thanks for the advise about the hotels.

I like British rock music, so I will look into that as well. Sidenote, I just found out The Darkness released a comeback album a few years ago called Hot Cakes. On my way to the store to pick up a copy now.

Comment

Soho ............

Comment

Working...
                      X