Khan-Maidana was a better fight than Berto-Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Too much running and hugging by Khan.

Comment

Nah, Berto-Ortiz hands down, The Khan-Maidana fight was only exciting when Maidana caught up with Khan in the 10th round, The rest of the whole fight was like a mummy following a jogger.

The Berto-ortiz fight was at the right pace, unexpected events/punches, KD and action all over, Khan was just boxing, moving while Maidana was following him around like a mummy looking for one big shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
        . Don't get me wrong, the first three rounds of Berto-Ortiz was thrilling as it could possibly get. But, it climaxed too early, and a lil firework in the 6th, it was kind of a boring fight in between and after the 6th.

Maidana-Khan was sustained action all throughout. Please vote on the poll.

Ortiz vs berto was a better fight than maidana vs khan

the maidana fight with khan was really good but i didnt think it deserved fight of the year honor it go by some publications for 2010. there were better fights that year

the difference between the two bouts was that both ortiz and berto are hard\fast accurate punchers. which created excitement that either one of those guys can go down in any given moment.

oppose to the khan vs maidana were you had one fighter that has fast hands khan but not a hard puncher then maidana who has thudding power but does not have the speed and technique to get there often enough

also both ortiz and berto are not know for their cast iron chin which lead to the multiple knockdowns in that fight

Comment

Both great fights, I preferred Khan v Maidana because of the awesome Khan knockdown and Maidana coming on strong late. Khan threw a ****load of punches which kept Maidana at bay for a while but then fought back.

If Berto didn't hold as much I would have classed it a better fight. Personally think the Khan fight had better sustained action than the Ortiz fight which had some insane moments.

Comment

TS is out of his mind. Berto and Ortiz threw bombs from start to finish with both fighters almost getting KTFO multiple times. Khan/Maidana had multiple breaks in action with Cortez being over active, and Amir on his bike for the last couple of rounds. Nothing like Berto and Ortiz squaring up and bombing on each other the whole fight. You must be drunk to make this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
              TS is out of his mind. Berto and Ortiz threw bombs from start to finish with both fighters almost getting KTFO multiple times. Khan/Maidana had multiple breaks in action with Cortez being over active, and Amir on his bike for the last couple of rounds. Nothing like Berto and Ortiz squaring up and bombing on each other the whole fight. You must be drunk to make this thread.
              What fight were you watching. If anything, Berto turned into John Louise for the second half of that fight. And, Ortiz was tired as hell as well, so, he didn't really have much either to stave off Berto's clinching.

Berto-Ortiz was a yawner after 7 rounds. And the ref was "over-active" as well. Even Merchant commented on the ref's over involvment with the fight.

Comment

ortiz vs berto was an explosive fight. both fighters throwing bombs throughout the fight.

Comment

Both fights were good, but get overrated, IMO.

Khan - Maidana - Khan spent too much time on the backfoot, trying as hard as he could to avoid trading punches (Before anyone tries to tell me why he did this, I already know, I'm just saying excitement-wise, not the best thing). So, although it was a very good fight, it lacked the toe-to-toe action that I, personally, like to see in fights.

Berto - Ortiz - The first six rounds were mind blowing, I could re-watch those six rounds over and over againa nd not get bored. However, after the sixth, it died down and Berto seemed to start holding a lot - probably to avoid getting knocked out.

I dunno which I would say was better, i'd have to rewatch them both, really.

Comment

Berto V Ortiz seemed to have great action and drama in almost every round. Khan V Maidana has a great start, like Berto V Ortiz but seemed to tail off until the very end. Berto V Ortiz was better.

Comment

Both great fights, but Berto vs Ortiz takes it hands down. Not even close IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X