This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
    Ever since they let Coaches and Captains of national teams vote for the Ballon dor instead just journalist the award became a joke. Most players like Ibra are still being voted for by name and reputation instead of actually performing. But this is inexcusable, look at this moron from Norway, his ballon dor vote should make him banned from ever voting again. His top 3 are 1.Mascherano 2.Ronaldo 3.Bale

If I were the coach of like Liechtenstein, San Marino, or somewhere I would just turn in troll ballots every year to cheer up the ballot counters. Jozy Altidore, some mid table midfielder from the Hyundai A-League, and like Khouma Babacar.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
      Dunno. A better question would be 'would it make much of a difference in those games even if Ronaldo played? It's mostly Mouthinho who dictates the game.

When was last time Ronaldo was the decisive factor for Portugal in tournament play? Cos I'd seriously struggle to name one game in the past 10 years.

The latest one would be the WC against USA. Cause without that cross, they lose.

But that's a lackluster example tbf.

Has Messi really done anything either though? Cause outside of his hand of god. He's missed penalties and been absent. Argentina was looking sure winners at the last WC until both Di Maria and Aguero went down, then Germany happens.

This is just off the top of my mind. I could be wrong but I don't really recall Messi looking like Barca-Messi with Argentina, despite having head and shoulders better players on the Nat side than Ronaldo.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        If I were the coach of like Liechtenstein, San Marino, or somewhere I would just turn in troll ballots every year to cheer up the ballot counters. Jozy Altidore, some mid table midfielder from the Hyundai A-League, and like Khouma Babacar.
        That would probably be Flicker's top 3

Comment

• I'm surprised you know any of those guys and what the A-league is, seeing how they aren't on Arsenal and Arsenal doesn't play in that league.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            The latest one would be the WC against USA. Cause without that cross, they lose.

But that's a lackluster example tbf.

Has Messi really done anything either though? Cause outside of his hand of god. He's missed penalties and been absent. Argentina was looking sure winners at the last WC until both Di Maria and Aguero went down, then Germany happens.

This is just off the top of my mind. I could be wrong but I don't really recall Messi looking like Barca-Messi with Argentina, despite having head and shoulders better players on the Nat side than Ronaldo.
            Aguero more of a lose, Di Maria was one of Argentinas worst player. Where was this rumor started that he carried Argentina? He was so bad i remember watching with my granddad one game yelling to sub him off running around like a chicken with his cut off and kept losing the ball.

Comment

• I think di maria scored a really important winner after the bbc pundits smashed him all game.. your right he was nothing special

It was your typical argentina imo.. they always have have some great players.. but its there strength.. dirtiness and organisation that really push them on

I mean that team had messi.. aguero.. higuian.. di maria.. lavezzi.. pastore? Etc but were just grinding out games vs iran.. belgium etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Man U have got just as hard a task to get through their group as us I think.

Barca looked pretty scary yesterday. We'll probably go and draw them in the next round if we get through ffs lol
                Lol we are not going through mate.. we have to win pretty much away.. na not gonna happen.

I guess it could be good for the league though.. we might do a chelsea and win it by virtue of everyone else being ****. If city had any balls they would have a massive lead at the top

How do you feel about arsenal going out anyway? You usual dont make it past the second or quarters anyway. With your squad being light imo it might be a blessing.. this league is wide open

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                  Lol we are not going through mate.. we have to win pretty much away.. na not gonna happen.

I guess it could be good for the league though.. we might do a chelsea and win it by virtue of everyone else being ****. If city had any balls they would have a massive lead at the top

How do you feel about arsenal going out anyway? You usual dont make it past the second or quarters anyway. With your squad being light imo it might be a blessing.. this league is wide open
                  Well I think we're both in the Europa League if we don't get through.

I'd much rather stay in the Champions League

Comment

• I think i speak for all Newcastle fans when i say.....

"HAWA MAN! YOU FCKING STUPID ****S! SORT THE ****KA OOT MAN!"

Comment

• Originally posted by HughJass View Post
                      I think i speak for all Newcastle fans when i say.....

"HAWA MAN! YOU FCKING STUPID ****S! SORT THE ****KA OOT MAN!"
                      5-1. That's grim man

Comment

Working...
                      X