No announcement yet.

I have a question, and I need some opinions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
    On the weight issue it depends. Did Gamache drop the 20 lbs in 3 months... 2 months.... or in a desperate 3 day dry out?

If he lost the weight sensibly than he dropped it over time.
    If not than he dried out as much as he had to.

If he dropped it over time than I could easily see him only gaining a few pounds. Weigh-in, eat sensibly and fight.

If he dried out than no way in hell does he only gain 4lbs or so. Every drop of water that he injested would have been instantly stored.
    Weigh-in, IV, fight. It's really rough on a body though.

Gamache was never really the issue, but rather, the trail of bodies. To those whom provided some imput on the question about Gamache, and Gamache only rehydrating a mere 4 3/4 pounds, I say thank you.

Comment

a gallon of water weighs a little over 8 pounds. so...

Comment

Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
        a gallon of water weighs a little over 8 pounds. so...
        In regards to the Gamache weigh in, and Rehydration, yeah I think Szoke is right. He had to be a lightweight, but what I do not understand is why someone would not just kill Gamache instead of 7, or 8 other people dating from around 2006 up until a day before the actual trial started, but If someone was trying to get money out of that weigh in thing, then I just don't see how. No one got anything out the Resto - Collins thing after the dressing room inspectors went to lunch.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/beth...1/post_77.html

Comment

From a dietary standpoint, if you cut 20lbs within a couple days, nearly all of that is water. So, if you're entering the ring at 5lbs above your scale weight, you're 15lbs dehydrated, which is severe. Pass-out and become hospitalized severe. I've seen it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
            From a dietary standpoint, if you cut 20lbs within a couple days, nearly all of that is water. So, if you're entering the ring at 5lbs above your scale weight, you're 15lbs dehydrated, which is severe. Pass-out and become hospitalized severe. I've seen it happen.

I don't think Joey dropped 20 Lbs in the last few days. Maybe 5, or 6 Lbs, but Joey said he knew that Gatti had a history of putting on significant weight after the weigh in, and would likely blow up in weight after the weigh in, and it becomes a question of why would you only rehydrate yourself 4 3/4 if you know your opponent is going to do that.

Could be more to the story then what anyone was ever told. When you have 7, or 8 people taking a dirt nap over a meaningless fight, and court case there has to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Redd Foxx, I do not particular like to bust on any fighters just for being a fighter, but in the case of Gamache he seems to have about 50 mismatch wins on his record, 6 competitive fights, and 3 loss to guys he did not belong in the same ring with. Its like he padded his record to bigger large fights that he should not have taken.

I am not sure if he passed out, but Gamache claims he was out after Gatti hit him with the uppercut, and he was not awake for the two punches that hit him after that.

What I thought also thought was odd is if you watch the last 5 minutes of this video Gamache is almost in the same state as he was in after the Gatti fight. Gamache was being soaked in water as he sat in his corner long after the fight was over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t69AdhUSHXo

I heard stories that Gatti's people, or somebody had the medical records of there previous opponent doctored. This was said by Max Kellerman who said this, and since we are talking about the New York State Athletic Commission here anything is possible, but there is no proof of that being the case with Gamache.

Comment

Very interesting...if you note the opening commentary from Jim Lampley and Larry Merchant...now I'm going to watch this fight...

Comment

Just finished watching the first round...and damn what a brutal violent first round...a middleweight verses a welterweight...the size disparity is truly alarming...wow...didn't know about this fight...my heart goes out to gamache...he fought like a champ...ref held him up at the end of the first round doe...would have been TKO almost...

Comment

Originally posted by TripleGFightFan View Post
                    Just finished watching the first round...and damn what a brutal violent first round...a middleweight verses a welterweight...the size disparity is truly alarming...wow...didn't know about this fight...my heart goes out to gamache...he fought like a champ...ref held him up at the end of the first round doe...would have been TKO almost...
                    Watch the other ones with Nazarov, Lopez, and Chevez too. Damn does his nose get broke ugly in less then a round. Never seen anyone knocked out as spectacularly as Joey Gamache

Comment

Originally posted by boxingnut712 View Post
                      Watch the other ones with Nazarov, Lopez, and Chevez too. Damn does his nose get broke ugly in less then a round. Never seen anyone knocked out as spectacularly as Joey Gamache

Just finished watching those 3 fights...Gamache is a tough f^cker...

Comment

Working...
                      X