Was hearns' power over rated ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not according to Roberto Duran

Comment

why is this guy not banned or bombed with red k yet?

Comment

If Hearns was 29 years old today he would wipe through the entire welterweight division with ease and the 154 pounders.

He would knock out Pac, Floyd, Marquez, Canelo, Thurman, Khan, Brook, Porter, Malignaggi, Cotto, Alexander, Bradley, Algieri, Ruslan, Lucas, Maidana, Ortiz, Berto, etc you name it.

The only guy I give a shot at possibly hurting or knocking out Hearns is Danny Garcia because he hits like a mack truck with his winging hooks.

Hearns was a bad dude, he would be considered the greatest 147 pounder of all time if he fought today probably go undefeated at 147 and 154 easily.

This guy was 6 foot 2 and what made him difficult is he used his reach advantage he threw power shots from a distance if shorter guys tried to come in.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          If Hearns was 29 years old today he would wipe through the entire welterweight division with ease and the 154 pounders.

He would knock out Pac, Floyd, Marquez, Canelo, Thurman, Khan, Brook, Porter, Malignaggi, Cotto, Alexander, Bradley, Algieri, Ruslan, Lucas, Maidana, Ortiz, Berto, etc you name it.

The only guy I give a shot at possibly hurting or knocking out Hearns is Danny Garcia because he hits like a mack truck with his winging hooks.

Hearns was a bad dude, he would be considered the greatest 147 pounder of all time if he fought today probably go undefeated at 147 and 154 easily.

This guy was 6 foot 2 and what made him difficult is he used his reach advantage he threw power shots from a distance if shorter guys tried to come in.

Danny Garcia beating Hearns?? He would never get pass Hearns jab, hearns through STIFF jabs, you had to really work to get in, and at best Danny could land a left jab to his foremans.

Really big size difference.
          Danny wouldn't make it out of the first 3 rounds.

Comment

WORST, THREAD, EVER!

Comment

You're a certified vegetable.

Well, technically you're a fruit.

Either way this thread is a little queer.

Comment

OP plunged in to the red

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  MMMMMMMM Roof Pizza....Homer Drool

Comment

I think Tommy Hearns had unbelievable power for his weight class and would love to see what he could do to today's current crop...

Comment

Originally posted by Cus tomato View Post
                      I think too much is made of the Duran ko,tommy was naturally far bigger than him and he caught him perfectly,but people make him out to be a killer when plenty of the elite took his power easily enough
                      He punched hard for a 147,154 pound man but if you compare him to other 6 foot 2 men I'd say he's a weakling

Comment

Working...
                      X