No announcement yet.

How many of the top 10 ATG Hw's will be favorites against Current Wladimir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both Lennox and Wlad clinches and holds a fair amount but the difference is
    Lennox fights inside, whereas Wlad just holds you like a vice grip. Lewis is pounding away inside (fair or unfairly) in virtually every clinch. Throwing upper cuts, short hooks, pounding to the body, head(once again fairly or unfairly)

I think Wlad is actually a better boxer than Lennox, but just barely. Lennox meanwhile is the much better brawler and inside fighter.Prime for Prime, he'd realize that pecking with jabs and booming right hands is counter productive, he'd wade in, and he'd punch in the clinches, eventually ending the fight with a massive uppercut.

Comment

Some of Iron Mike Tyson's attributes:

Bobbing & Weaving: Tyson's ability to manipulate his upper frame side to side in order to slip punches mainly Jabs but remain in a paramount position to counter.

Defence: Tyson easily slips punches from 6"3 Tillis making him miss four consecutive punches in a row.

Body-punching: Mike's ferocious body-punching is a lost art amongst Heavyweights today. Most Heavyweight neglect going to the body in fear of being countered. Tyson not only had accurate body-punches but fast and in quick succession. Add that to a high work rate and you have a complete skill set.

Finishing: Tyson is one of the greatest finishers of all time, when he had his man hurt his ability to KO or finish his opponent is the best bar none. Catches Plinkton Thomas with a uppercut and finishes him with a 4 punch combination. Notice the accuracy of his punches; right on the chin of Thomas.

Comment

Originally posted by Cállate! View Post
        nope, merciano and joe louis are the only ones listed that i would favor over wlad
        How much did Marciano weigh during his reign as champ?

Comment

Distance: Tyson in prime his ability to close distance was sublime, not matter how the opponent he had underrated footwork in order to close the distance and get past a jab to intermediate range where he was most devastating. Also includes Body-punching.

Wlad has never encountered a fighter who combines these elements so well. Forget the later years people forget just how good Tyson was as a Boxer period.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
            No that's not it.

Lennox Lewis is a unique case. The reason people rate him highly is not because of his 'best win', it's is vast accumulation of wins that most of you noobs don't even know about, but the experts do.

Lennox never had a career defining win. But what he does have is a shockingly high amount of wins against a long string of good-very good fighters.

Let me just bring out a few examples.
            There have never been a fighter in the history of boxing who had 14 fights and fought a 35-0 99% ratio ko artist.

That's outrageous. Think about it, you are 14-0, you go and fight a 35-0 99% ko ratio champion????

Lennox Lewis in his 15th fight knocked out 35-0 Gary Mason.

Lennox Lewis in his 21-22nd fight beat 48-1 Tucker. These stats are surreal.

Andrew Golota dominated Riddick Bowe back to back, he loses to LENNOX and never recovered. He is labeled a glass jaw fraud now, but people forget Lennox was a huge under dog against Golota and Golota was true world class talent.

Razer Ruddock was the most feared puncher in the division at the time, and took Tyson the distance(a still elite Tyson). Lewis knocked him out in 2 rounds.

David Tua, Bruno,Morrison, all massive punchers and legit heavyweights.
            It's these wins that you add up into a shockingly good resume.

Ya Lennox never had a big career defining win, because all the big career defining guys ducked him. What he does have is a accumulation of good wins.

People under estimate the hell out of that tko6 **** too. Klittards will have you believe Vitali was dominating the fight.

What really happened was Vitali won one clear round (round 2) every other round was deadly close and could have went either way. Not to mention that was the oldest and fattest version of Lennox.

That being said Wladimir will beat almost everybody.

Gun to my head , my life on the line. I will still say at best at BEST it's a 50-50 fight with Lennox Lewis.

There is just no way Wlad can be favored over Lennox.
            Wladimir is a husky, Lennox is a wolf.
            Fair post.

I am not arguing Wlad will be favoured - it's 50:50 for me.
            Lennox is more versatile, better inside game and slightly better chin.
            Wlad has better defence, he is faster fighter and has slightly bigger punch.

Comment

I dont rate Wlad but we have to give him due. He beats everybody in front of him but always does just enough. He should have KO'd that bum he fought last night but wasn't prepared to take a risk.

I would favour Lewis due to his size and boxing skills... A prime Lewis would knock Wlad TFO.

TBH i wouldn't favour any of the others. Maybe Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                Both Lennox and Wlad clinches and holds a fair amount but the difference is
                Lennox fights inside, whereas Wlad just holds you like a vice grip. Lewis is pounding away inside (fair or unfairly) in virtually every clinch. Throwing upper cuts, short hooks, pounding to the body, head(once again fairly or unfairly)

I think Wlad is actually a better boxer than Lennox, but just barely. Lennox meanwhile is the much better brawler and inside fighter.Prime for Prime, he'd realize that pecking with jabs and booming right hands is counter productive, he'd wade in, and he'd punch in the clinches, eventually ending the fight with a massive uppercut.
                That might be true if you put them together not ever seen each other.
                Wlad is tactics master. He would make it extremely hard for Lennox to come inside as he does have a better foot work and he is faster fighter.

If it comes to brawling lennox takes it no doubt. But it would be hard for lennox to come inside - his chin is not top class and he doesn't have tyson's movement.

For me this matchup is toss up!

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                  Fair post.

I am not arguing Wlad will be favoured - it's 50:50 for me.
                  Lennox is more versatile, better inside game and slightly better chin.
                  Wlad has better defence, he is faster fighter and has slightly bigger punch.
                  Hey.. Good post. I like to point out that Wlad vs Lennox is always a stupid h2h because whenever a super heavy fight another super heavy of similar skills the inside fighting is huge.

You don't NEED a inside game when you are 6'6 you really don't. Wlad is still a top 10 ATG without one, not to mention how many other 6'5 +super boxers are there? Well... Two are retired (Prime Lewis and maybe Prime Bowe) and one is old and your brother. So who cares?

Wladimir will beat everyone though on that list outside of Lewis and Ali. I will break down the other 9 easily later on. Wladimir is actually a better boxer than Lennox, Lennox just had a more natural brawler instinct.

Wlad vs Lewis is still 45-55 though. Ali is a tricky one for both these big guys because of his shockingly good speed/reflexes. Ali honestly had the most freakish reflexes out of any HW in history. As great as LL an Wk is, they will seriously be at a disadvantage.

Not to mention it's not like Ali was a midget, he was a tall 6'3 and fought to his height. He had underrated power as well, something that both LL and WK would be troubled by. Let's be honest, neither one likes getting hit. It's their biggest weakness.

Comment

Most of them i would favour to beat Wlad. The only ones i would doubt would be the smaller ones. Marciano would have been way too small for Wlad imo, he used to fight at around 180-190 lbs!
                    You've got to remember some of these guys fought when Heavyweights used to be much much lighter and smaller in stature so even though it's fantasy fights it's still way too unrealistic as they would never have fought considering the weight and size difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                      That might be true if you put them together not ever seen each other.
                      Wlad is tactics master. He would make it extremely hard for Lennox to come inside as he does have a better foot work and he is faster fighter.

If it comes to brawling lennox takes it no doubt. But it would be hard for lennox to come inside - his chin is not top class and he doesn't have tyson's movement.

For me this matchup is toss up!
                      Great analysis .Ya I'm down with 50-50. I think 55-45 because the inside fighting really is important when it's two superheavys against each other. But I get the technical part, you are right.,

Comment

Working...
                      X