Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jubilant Kessler: Vision has improved!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jubilant Kessler: Vision has improved!

Danish tabloid ekstrabladet today writes that 31 year old Mikkel Kessler yesterday was having his eyes checked at Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen.

For the first time since a dejected Kessler had to withdraw from the Supersix tournament last August, there's improvements in his vision.

"In my situation any rogress is positive. I still have to go to check-ups in the coming weeks, but todays news is very uplifting", Kessler said.

"I really look forward to spar again. Hopefully I get cleared by the doctors next month."

Promotor Kalle Sauerland is happy about the news, and says that they are working hard to get a big comeback fight for Mikkel Kessler.

Ekstrabladet tells that it still is the plan to arrange a Kessler-Stieglitz fight in June in Copenhagen. Stieglitz is WBO champion at supermiddleweight.

Statement on Mikkelkessler.com:

I just wanted to give you a quick update. As you know, my promoter Team Sauerland has already started to work on my comeback plans to get me a big fight once I am ready.
    I have been working hard on my physical fitness and I had another check-up yesterday. I was thrilled to hear there has been further improvement. It was big news as it showed that the eye is healing well. I still have to do some further check-ups in the next weeks but the news today have given me a big boost. The recovery is going as planned and I look forward to returning to sparring once the doctors give the final green light, which hopefully will be next month.
    I want to thank all of you for the great support you have given me in the last couple of weeks and months. Keep on punching!
    Mikkel
    http://www.mikkelkessler.com/?p=news&id=57

Comment

Good news, looking forward to seeing him fight again

Comment

Didnt see that coming

Comment

Kessler/Froch rematch after the super six has finished I hope.

Comment

Good news, looking forward to seeing you fight again champ

Comment

Great news, the viking warrior is back to kick some ass. I hope he fights Ward outside of oakland and with Steve Smoger as the ref.

Comment

I'm looking forward to Kessler's return.

Comment

Yeah hopefully he returns to form and hopefully Stieglitz will be the opponent. A good, tough comeback fight.

Comment

Good news. He should fight Bute after a tune-up. Winner can fight the Super Six champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X