No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Wladimir Klitschko Beats Down Wach in Hamburg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
    The level of opposition doesn't change the fact that he has a stellar overall skill set....
    His skill set consists of a 1-2.

Comment

lol @ the jealous hopkins fans hating on wlad's success

keep crying weird little fella

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        Skill set is more than just punches, it's everything that wins you the fight. And Wlad throws more than the 1-2.

Comment

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
          Skill set is more than just punches, it's everything that wins you the fight. And Wlad throws more than the 1-2.
          What else does Wlad throw than the 1-2? I will give him that in the Wach fight he threw a few combos, but that's about the first time he's done that since he started with Steward. He's ability is limited, he has no uppercut, no hook, no body punching - and he shells it when he's chinned. As someone else said, he's a respectable champ but nowhere should he even be mentioned in the same sentence as Ali, Frazier, Holmes or Lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
            What else does Wlad throw than the 1-2? I will give him that in the Wach fight he threw a few combos, but that's about the first time he's done that since he started with Steward. He's ability is limited, he has no uppercut, no hook, no body punching - and he shells it when he's chinned. As someone else said, he's a respectable champ but nowhere should he even be mentioned in the same sentence as Ali, Frazier, Holmes or Lewis.
            Here's plenty more action than 1-2, for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hDYmTTzXIFg

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
              Agreed.

I would only add that he has very good boxing IQ and is damn effective, considering his rather limited flair and chin.

Respectable, clever, but definitely not in the same league as Ali, Frazier etc.

Comment

If Wlad's limited offensively,it's only under his own doing.Watch his fight with Mercer if you think his entire arsenal is limited to the occasional 1-2.

Originally posted by Brassangel View Post
                I don't believe Ali would give Wlad a lot of trouble.
                Does this mean I think Wladimir beats Ali? No

Make your mind up.

Comment

Wladimir is a beast!

Comment

Lucian Bute had a dominant reign as champ, with 9 title defenses.

But it's easy to dominate against poor competition. Once he stepped up against a real opponent we saw his real worth.

Wlad would be in a similar situation against the all-time great heavyweights.
                    Maybe because he made the opposition look poor. That's what the Klitschko's do. You're saying that if Wlad would meet a 'real opponent', he would just get blasted away like Froch did Bute? That's harsh. I'd have Wlad vs Lennox a close fight for example.

Comment

Ring generalship, defense (almost never gets hit these days), movement, foot work, best jab in the world

Comment

Working...
                      X