Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo To Face Either Trout or Kirkland on September 15?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo To Face Either Trout or Kirkland on September 15?

According to Chepo Reynoso, manager of Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (40-0-1, 29KOs), two potential opponents for his boxer's next fight are Austin Trout and James Kirkland. Canelo is scheduled to return on September 15th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

It's no guarantee that Trout beats Rodriguez IMO.

Comment

After reading that it seems as if Kirkland is out.Sadly i would not be suprised to see Tony enter the fray

Comment

This whole Paul Williams tragedy has got me bummed. Life is a crazy thing sometimes!

Comment

Really hope it's Kirkland...... it'll be an easy fight

he'll probably knock him out in 2

Comment

Really hope they're not putting the cart before the horse with Delvin and Trout. Trout is unbeaten, but untested, while Rodriguez has been through war after war after war and put in dues for both him and Austin Trout through his career. I wonder if Vanes or Lara get calls for the opportunity against Canelo? For the shear beatdown and for what he did, I'd like to see Margarito get the call as well... just to see him get whatever piss is left in him, beaten out of him by Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
              This whole Paul Williams tragedy has got me bummed. Life is a crazy thing sometimes!
              Co-sign. I'm totally bummed about my bwoy the Punisher. He rarely got any love from the sport he's given soo much to & right when he was gonna headline his 1st ppv, he got shafted. I feel for him alot. Because He was only hated because he was a real threat to welterweights best so instead of putting those guys on blast, the Punisher was hated on instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Co-sign. I'm totally bummed about my bwoy the Punisher. He rarely got any love from the sport he's given soo much to & right when he was gonna headline his 1st ppv, he got shafted. I feel for him alot. Because He was only hated because he was a real threat to welterweights best so instead of putting those guys on blast, the Punisher was hated on instead.
                Yeah he has definitely had a rough year or so. I was really looking forward to him schooling Canelo and getting back in the spotlight. Now I just hope he's able to prove the doctors wrong and walk again. Things like this make me realize just how fragile life is and to live every day to the fullest.

Comment

Golden Boy is jumping the gun here. If Delvin Rodriguez shows up to fight Trout has a very shot at losing.

I wonder why Golden Boy isn't mentioning Quintana. Do they feel he's a threat to Canelo? And don't give me that "he's not a PPV draw bs" cause he just won by KO on a PPV and Trout sure as hell isn't no PPV draw either.

I know they wouldn't want Molina in there to make Canelo look dumb or make it an ugly fight. Or Lara to school him.

We all know Molina, Quintana and Lara are ready but they keep talking Kirkland who we know won't be.

Comment

¿WBA full champion Miguel Cotto?José Luis Camarillo(editor of this article) either has been living in a cave for the past few months & is not up to date in boxing or just forgot that Floyd beat Cotto's ass for that title..Trout would make a good fight for el Canelo & Trout has been wanting for that fight for a while now..That is If Trout wins Saturday, cause Trout has a tough one that night against Delvin Rodriguez & Rodriguez has shown that he ain't no walk over or tune fight type of guy, he's for real & he comes to win..Canelo should fight the winner of that fight & they could hype it up even more & make it more interesting since the winner of Saturdays fight is gonna end up with one of the WBA's many titles per weight class(something they call the regular champion)& it could be a sort of unification bout..& even thou Canelo has shown he's been improving fight after fight, this would also be the 1st time in Canelo's career that he gets tested by fighting a top of the line fighter in his own weight class than his usual Tomato Cans, B fighters, Smaller fighters from a much lower weight class or the washed up has been's that he's fought in the past..

Comment

Working...
                    X