Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Andre Ward, Carl Froch Face To Face in The UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch already has my respect. He fights anyone, he comes to win and his resume is excellent. Though Andre Ward should take this fight imo. He's so much quicker than Froch and you'll see the speed difference come fight night. Unfortunatley i don't think anything spectacular will happen in this fight unless Froch can hit Ward with a perfect punch. I reckon Ward will just out box him to a decision win.

Either way both fighters have proven themselves to be worthy champions and i think both of them come out winners due to what they've already acheived in the tournament. There's many options for these fighters after the tounament finishes. Obviously the winner gets Bute, Froch will want a Kessler rematch and then there's good fights to be made at LHW like Cloud, Hopkins, Pascal etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicetin View Post
      Froch can't fight inside whilst Ward has a Phd at fighting inside, this could be one sided.
      However Froch does have a good chin (still be interesting)
      i thought froch proved against johnson (who is a terrific inside fighter) that he can bang on the inside; he can turn over his punches good enough - he let some pretty fast combinations go on the inside. still he's not a wizard like ward is on the inside, so obviously ward has a huge advantage there.

i slightly favor ward, but am not ruling froch out at all.

@ BATTLING NELSON - I noticed that too - It looks like Froch has at least 2 inches on Ward.

Comment

Ward UD 117-111

Comment

Great fight, can't wait. Don't be too hung up on Kess beating Froch and Ward destroying Kess, triangle theory is useless in boxing and Froch has way underrated boxing ability.

Comment

Froch has a real good chance in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Invincible View Post
              Great fight, can't wait. Don't be too hung up on Kess beating Froch and Ward destroying Kess, triangle theory is useless in boxing and Froch has way underrated boxing ability.
              On what do you base the notion that "triangle theory" means nothing in boxing? That's like saying that a fight isn't usually won by the better fighter. It's all just a conflict of style and no fighter is truly better than the next. Sorry, not buying it.

Comment

Carl Froch making a ridiculous statement like he handled Dirrell easily knowing that many people look at that fight as a controversial decision shows you that he is in denial. Why would he need to be in denial about the out come of a fight that he thought he handled easily? Because he knows that he was gifted with hometown slanting from the referee first and then the judges.

Comment

Froch has an excellent chance if he boxes in an awkward style that would frustrate Ward and prevent him from settling into some sort of rhythm. Once Ward is in that rhythm/zone, he'll be hard to beat.

I want and am really hoping for a Froch win.

Comment

Really hope this final doesn't turn out like the Mares-Agbeko final, Clean fight, no referee favouring the other guy etc, just a clean durable fun fight..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      Well Froch looked pretty clean at fights end and was not even breathing heavy(Dirrell was must've been all the running)...So I guess he meant it was not a hard fight/pace...
                      Come on, man. Regardless of who you felt won the fight there is no way that Froch "handled Dirrell quite easily."

I wish Ward had called him out on that statement. Maybe remind him that many people thought Froch actually lost that fight. But he's too classy to get into a trash talking contest with Carl.
                      Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 08-22-2011, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X