No announcement yet.

Sore wrists, should I go train today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sore wrists, should I go train today?

Recently started boxing and yesterday my wrists were hurting (not intensely) but I went to train yesterday anyways and didn't use full force punches on the heavy bag. Now it is day 2 of the sore wrists (I honestly don't think it's THAT bad) should I still go workout?

They don't really hurt when I roll my wrist but more so when I punch the bag, but yesterday I focused more on technique punching and I did my normal amount of rounds.

If you're having trouble doing everyday things like lifting bowls and it hurts; don't train on the heavy bag.

It's probably just best to do some road work or some jump-rope (If your wrists are up for the spinning).

I've sprained and fractured my wrists a few times, hitting the bag is not a good idea when that happens..

Comment

Put a bag of frozen peas on them and rest them.
      If you train with bad wrists it'll only make them a lot worse.
      Even if you think they're recovered its best to give it some extra time & ease your way back into it lightly.

Doesn't mean you can't put some roadwork in though.

Comment

Don't mess with wrist/hand injuries. Don't even put gloves on until it's healed. Just inform your trainer and stick to footwork, shadowing etc. whatever training you can do without landing punches. I had a minor tweak in my wrist, I trained through it and it has lead to a serious tendon injury. 3 months on, it's still ****ed.

Comment

oh **** T_T well its just one wrist and for some reason its not that bad anymore.. maybe tomorrow itll be back worse, ehhh.. i went to train before any replies came in.. still got in my usual workout thoe

Comment

It means you're not punching correctly on the bag.

Happened to me before.

Comment

Working...
            X