Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would a prime Tyson have beat a prime Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lewis was not prime either when he fought Tyson lets not forget that

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Well actually its on HBOs Legendary Fights.. Lennox said it himself But he did say he hope he never faces that animal because he beforehand he mentioned that Cus D'Amato said "These two will meet sometime in the future."

Of course its Legendary Fights, so its probably just Lennox being humble.

Except "Of course his opinion change when Tyson was no longer that same animal." Is just the American in me talking.

Start at 8:32

if memory serves right, lewis is older than tyson.

a compact body matures more quickly, though. tyson was 195 lbs when he was 13 years old.

there's absolutely truth in saying that lewis wasn't ready for tyson until tyson was out of his prime. just look at lewis in those brief shots. it takes a long time for a long body like that to fill out, and to become coordinated and fluid in a boxing ring.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

a compact body matures more quickly, though. tyson was 195 lbs when he was 13 years old.

there's absolutely truth in saying that lewis wasn't ready for tyson until tyson was out of his prime. just look at lewis in those brief shots. it takes a long time for a long body like that to fill out, and to become coordinated and fluid in a boxing ring.
        he's marginally older than Tyson.

But it's true that tyson matured a lot earlier than Lewis. Whereas Tyson was shot when he was in his early 30's that's really when Lewis took to his prime.

Shame, but Tyson had his chance in 96 and decided not to take it.

Comment

possibly but Tyson was honestly not that good. He was a good bum slayer but not much else.

A guy like Vitali or Lewis would always beat him IMO

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

Jesus Christ. Is that true?

Comment

Prime Tyson had the head movement, footwork, and handspeed to get to Lewis.
              Lewis would have been out of there in 3.

Comment

I know I'm in the minority in saying this but a "prime" Lewis had fits with Ray Mercer when they fought one would only imagine what Tyson would have done to Lewis if he fought in Mercer's place that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                  Jesus Christ. Is that true?
                  that's the word coming out of the juvenile detention centers he frequented

it could be exaggerated some, but there are no pictures of him with rooney, cus, teddy, where he doesn't look like a dump truck.

Comment

I would favor Lewis over Tyson at any time. Lewis was older, not younger than Tyson.

Comment

Theres plenty of pictures and video of Mike at the J.O. Nationals (Colo Olympic Training Center) with Teddy Atlas and Me handling Mike. Mike won the quarters in 50 seconds (RSC) and then the semi in 32 seconds (RSC) and then the finals in 8 seconds (RSC).
                      Mike weighed between 192 and 196 duing the regionals and nationals. The next year on my team he was between 201 and 205 (16yrs old)
                      I know, I weighed him in! Ray

Comment

Working...
                      X