No announcement yet.

Adamek-Cunningham II my take, round by round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adamek-Cunningham II my take, round by round

I watched this last night after already knowing the result, which introduces some problems I admit, but I attempted to score it carefully and recorded my thoughts round-by-round as I watched. I ended up with 7-4-1 Adamek. Many of the rounds I thought could've gone either way though. I think the fight was razor thin, and very difficult to score. I do not think it was a robbery. Many may not agree with me, but I do provide my reasoning, so see the descriptions.

1. Even (Close as hell)
    2. Adamek (Close as hell)
    3. Cunningham (Cunningham racked up a lot of work in the start of the round. Adamek isn't just looking to steal rounds though, contrary to the announcers. Cunningham is not fighting a full 3 minutes, and Adamek comes on when Cunningham becomes inactive.)
    4. Adamek (Close as hell) This isn't an easy fight to score so far, except round 3. Even round 3, Cunningham let off the gas and Adamek almost did some work to close the distance, but not enough to make up for the deficit.
    5. Adamek (Cunningham holding back too much, letting Adamek walk in, not making him pay for the real estate).
    6. Adamek (Cunningham had the best single punch of the round, but Adamek answered with a combo that partially landed--I mean some of the punches got in. Adamek controlled most of the round. Another close round. Cunningham is giving Adamek too much respect. Still, very close round).
    7. Cunningham (The rounds I have scored for Cunningham are basically still close, but a little bit more clear in his direction. He isn't fighting a full 3 minutes, which is a little bit of a pet peeve of mine. He is trying to put something in the bank, and then use his legs to drift through the round. It is backfiring, because that allows Adamek to in fact put in aggression. Adamek landed some good shots at the end. I still give it to Cunningham.)
    8. Cunningham (Close as hell. Cunnhingham not fighting 3 minutes leaves Adamek the opportunity to fill in the gaps.)
    9. Adamek (This one wasn't that difficult). I haven't totaled up my score as I've recorded it, but almost every round is close, and could be argued either way imo. A couple rounds are clearer, this is one. The bottom line, Cunningham seems like he could be doing better, but he either won't, or can't, fight 3 minutes in a round. This leaves an opportunity to Adamek. It also doesn't reflect well on him. In a very close round, sometimes the benefit of the doubt will go to the closer. It isn't Adamek just trying to steal rounds imo.
    10. Cunningham (His best round. And even so, Cunningham still taking breaks in the middle of the rounds. This was a clear Cunningham round, but when he takes breaks is when Adamek does his best work. Cunningham is shooting himself in the foot. That, or he doesn't have the gas tank to fight 3 minutes.)
    11. Adamek. (Cunningham fought well for the first minute, Adamek did better for the latter two, and Adamek did land some decent shots in the round.)
    12. Adamek (Another close round. I liked Adamek's effective aggression. Again, Cunningham doing too much cruising and too much holding. Still, a toss up.)

So the tally, I had it 7-4-1 Adamek.

Most of the rounds toss ups. The first round was really close, often it is hard to score opening rounds because they are feeling out rounds, especially in a fight like this, where there is so little to separate the guys in so many of the rounds. Round 1 perhaps Cunningham. Even if so, still 7-5 Adamek for me. Bottom line, there were so many close rounds. Not a robbery at all. A very close fight. Cunningham could've won the fight, but he couldn't fight 3 minutes of a round, and he left the door open for Adamek. If he could've fought the full 3 minutes of the rounds, the fight didn't even need to be close. Adamek did all of his best work when Cunningham stopped fighting.

Stopped reading at ''I ended up with 7-4-1 Adamek.'' Goodnight, enjoy your Christmas.

Comment

Those flurries with about 10 seconds left after losing the entire round has impressed a lot of ppl

No offense

Comment

7-4-1 huh? What's that, 116-113....to Adamek?

Congratulations, you just joined only 8 other people out of 100 press row and fight scorers to score the fight to Adamek, but the best bit... Apart from one judge, you managed to have the most ridiculous, wide score out of even those 8.

If you scored it 7-4-1 to Adamek you're on the take just like that judge.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Stopped reading at ''I ended up with 7-4-1 Adamek.'' Goodnight, enjoy your Christmas.
          No need for you to comment than. I provide descriptions round by round and commentary. You don't have to agree, however your post is just trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
            7-4-1 huh? What's that, 116-113....to Adamek?

Congratulations, you just joined only 8 other people out of 100 press row and fight scorers to score the fight to Adamek, but the best bit... Apart from one judge, you managed to have the most ridiculous, wide score out of even those 8.

If you scored it 7-4-1 to Adamek you're on the take just like that judge.
            I often score 1st rounds even because they are feeling out rounds, and there is often little to distinguish the two guys. If I absolutely have to give it to someone, I would give it to Cunnhingham and then it is 7-5. I said this much in my commentary as well. Happy?

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              Those flurries with about 10 seconds left after losing the entire round has impressed a lot of ppl

No offense
              I don't give Cunningham credit for the breaks that he takes in the middle of every round. As I said, Adamek got all his best work done when Cunningham took his breaks. It wasn't just Adamek rallying in the last ten seconds. It was Cunningham attempting to build up a lead and just cruise. You have to score the entire round yes, but this applies to Cunningham as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post

No offense
                I think he should be offended. He deserves to be offended. 7-4-1 is absurd.

I do agree though. People are discounting winning two minutes and fifty seconds of a round, and thinking a brief flurry at the end for ten seconds makes winning the other two minutes fifty seconds obsolete.

It's today's instant gratification world we live in. People have no attention span anymore and obviously struggle to remember beyond the last ten seconds, otherwise there is no way you would have 7-4-1 Adamek.

Comment

Also, in my opinion there were only 4 or 5 clear cut rounds in this fight. Rounds 3, 7, and 10 for Cunningham. And round 9, and possibly 11 for Adamek. Every other round was close as hell. This fight wasn't a robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    I think he should be offended. He deserves to be offended. 7-4-1 is absurd.

I do agree though. People are discounting winning two minutes and fifty seconds of a round, and thinking a brief flurry at the end for ten seconds makes winning the other two minutes fifty seconds obsolete.

It's today's instant gratification world we live in. People have no attention span anymore and obviously struggle to remember beyond the last ten seconds, otherwise there is no way you would have 7-4-1 Adamek.

Seeing as how I detailed round-by-round how I saw it as I watched it in the OP, there's not much need to respond.

Again, that's what I got based on giving an even first round. Judges don't often do this, but I still think that the practice of even rounds has a place. The first round was just a feeling out round. If I must score for someone, it's 7-5 Adamek. It's just an insignificant point really. It's only a difference of scoring methods.

Comment

Working...
                    X