No announcement yet.

If Froch beats Bute is he a HOF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Froch beats Bute is he a HOF?

He would already have a better resume then Joe Calzaghe and He was only dominated once. Bute, Johnson, Taylor, Dirrel, Pascal, Abraham. There is probably only one HOF on the list but should he take a hit because he fought top guys in their prime instead of getting washed up old men on his list?

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
      Reasons why he won't get in? I has a great resume and beating another top super middleweight would be great for. I am not a huge Froch fan btw I respect him a lot though

Comment

Bute is going to tear his head off, imo.

Comment

It's certainly possible.

Brian Magee, Jean Pascal (Top 10 SMW), Jermain Taylor (Top 10 SMW), Andre Dirrell (Top 10 SMW), Arthur Abraham (Top 10 SMW), and Glen Johnson (Top 10 SMW). A win over Lucian Bute (IBF SMW champ/#1 SMW) would make him a 3x SMW champ and really boost his resume.

If he were to beat Bute and than avenge his Kessler loss and beat him, I'd say he gets in possibly. People have gotten in by doing less.

Comment

This thread reminds me of how good Frochs resume is. Win or lose sat, still a good resume. And im sure hell move up soon to 175 and fight the toughest there. Cloud vs Froch anyone ? Ive come to respect him over the years.

Comment

I would say so.

He has literally fought every top fighter at 168. Hes been in the ring with every single one of them.

If he beats BUte, you gotta put him top 3 smw all time. Above RJJ and Toney.

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
                Reasons why he won't get in? I has a great resume and beating another top super middleweight would be great for. I am not a huge Froch fan btw I respect him a lot though
                he can probably get in who knows. IBHOF and the other world boxign hall of fame have pretty low standards. So maybe froch can get in.

I just really wanted to post that gif to be honest with you.

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

You forget the rematch clause...if he beats Bute twice with at least one being in dramatic fashion then that helps his chances but as one poster already said...ppl have gotten in with less.

Comment

Working...
                    X