Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Weight Disclosed by The WBC at 173-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny how everybody here feels that Chavez/Top Rank/WBC are cheating...

but Top Rank would NEVER cover up for Manny. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      shut the hell up Hearns is coming off of a ko loss and Manfredo is a past prime joke
      Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
      Lol yall got nothing better to do than hate or what, his weight was undisclosed so it was never released how can you just say its bull and corrupt and mexico is a fraud no one has given you exact information your just assuming the worst because you dont like this kid. Ya he is fighting stiffs but at least hes trying to stay active and of course you know eventually hes going to have to fight someone worthwhile. Hearns is at least a world title challenger and Manfredo is a solid opponent who could honestly give Jr problems and maybe win. After November if he doesnt have a fight set up with Martinez, Rubio, or a top 10 contender then id see a reason to hate, but as of now he is just trying to do something and make his own money instead of living off his dad forever.

At least he steps in the ring and fights toe to toe something alot of people who hate on him here dont do. Talking is easy man there are alot of fighters who weigh alot before their fights that is nothng new so that reason is pretty lame. As long as they make the weight at the weigh ins then all is fair.

Anyone who considers Ronald Hearns a legit title opponent should just stop posting. He was a "title challenger" only because Sturm and the German public were cynical enough to sell him as such because he is the son of Hitman Hearns. It was shameful that a "champion" would fight such an ill-prepared, undeserving opponent. It is even worse that Chavez, knowing how badly Hearns sucks and on the heels of Hearns getting KO'd in 7, is peddling him as a legit opponent now

Comment

The WBC has ZERO credibility, specially when dealing with mexican fighters. If anyone on this forum thinks the WBC uncapable of giving Junior a pass by falsifying the 30 pre weight... then your a rookie to the sport!

Comment

Originally posted by giacomino View Post

Anyone who considers Ronald Hearns a legit title opponent should just stop posting. He was a "title challenger" only because Sturm and the German public were cynical enough to sell him as such because he is the son of Hitman Hearns. It was shameful that a "champion" would fight such an ill-prepared, undeserving opponent. It is even worse that Chavez, knowing how badly Hearns sucks and on the heels of Hearns getting KO'd in 7, is peddling him as a legit opponent now
          He still fought for a world title didnt he? I never said Hearns was good, but he is a name and has a decent record . I dont get why people complain when Jr is trying to squeeze in 2 fights before November while Timothy Bradley, Nonito Donaire, Manny Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Lopez, Miguel Cotto, Sergio Martinez, and a few other have all only fought 1 time in 2011 and were already ending August. These are all champions/recent champs and they are not fighting for the public just for money. Julio is what he is a young inexperienced champ who got some passes cause of his fathers legacy. That is true wont deny it, but why are people so pissed when hes actually willing to fight? going on number 3 this year will be 4 by November if he gets past Hearns.

Larry stick to sckin on some black pene up in Memphis. Manfredo is not world class, but he has been working his way back up the rankings and hes still a credible opponent. Everyone always throws the "Past Prime" like these same people know the fighters lifestyles or work ethic. A lot of people also said Hopkins Johnson and Tarver were past it yet there still competing why cant Manfredo? Mosley still co-headlining PPVs and he hasnt looked good in like 2 years so really there are worse match ups that have already happened. People just wanna look for anything to pick at someone.

Hate some more though I dont think its affecting Chavez at all hes still making cash while your not.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
            He still fought for a world title didnt he? I never said Hearns was good, but he is a name and has a decent record . I dont get why people complain when Jr is trying to squeeze in 2 fights before November while Timothy Bradley, Nonito Donaire, Manny Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Lopez, Miguel Cotto, Sergio Martinez, and a few other have all only fought 1 time in 2011 and were already ending August. These are all champions/recent champs and they are not fighting for the public just for money. Julio is what he is a young inexperienced champ who got some passes cause of his fathers legacy. That is true wont deny it, but why are people so pissed when hes actually willing to fight? going on number 3 this year will be 4 by November if he gets past Hearns.

Larry stick to sckin on some black pene up in Memphis. Manfredo is not world class, but he has been working his way back up the rankings and hes still a credible opponent. Everyone always throws the "Past Prime" like these same people know the fighters lifestyles or work ethic. A lot of people also said Hopkins Johnson and Tarver were past it yet there still competing why cant Manfredo? Mosley still co-headlining PPVs and he hasnt looked good in like 2 years so really there are worse match ups that have already happened. People just wanna look for anything to pick at someone.

Hate some more though I dont think its affecting Chavez at all hes still making cash while your not.
            Not defecating on Chavez for staying busy. I'm glad when any fighter stays busy. The point is this is being called a "title defense," and I have a problem with "champions" fighting softy opponents like Hearns and calling it a "title defense." It belittles what little legitimacy the sport has left for "champions" to fight crap "defenses" like this against a guy who just got KO'd in another title fight. Call it a 10-round non-title warm up for somebody like Martinez or Rubio, neither of whom I think Chavez will ever fight, and I wouldn't complain.

And again, just because some other "champion" was cynical enough to put Ronald Hearns in a title fight doesn't make it any less cynical for Chavez to do the same.As you know, his "decent record" was built on thin air. If having a nice record justified a title fight, Butterbean would have gotten a shot at Lennox Lewis, Holyfield or Tyson
            Last edited by giacomino; 08-19-2011, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I get what your saying dude but its a good way to stay active for Chavez and help him improve just like all boxers do. People think because of his name hes automatically going to live up to his dads name. His dad had a very active career fighting some Hearns opposition yet hes considered one of Mexicos greatest. Time will tell everything maybe Julio will fall off most likely, but building him up and developing give him a better chance at survival then letting him sit and throwing him to Martinez right away.

Butterbean was a super-heavy who fought 4 rders so I dont get that comparison. Maybe if he was conditioned to fight 12 rds but since he never did I dont think that comparison works.

Comment

It kinda breaks your heart a little how corrupt some of the **** that goes on in our sport is.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                  Funny how everybody here feels that Chavez/Top Rank/WBC are cheating...

but Top Rank would NEVER cover up for Manny. Right?
                  Maybe because, the majority feel it's not Top Rank. More so WBC and the Mexican alliance going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Nesty View Post
                    The WBC has ZERO credibility, specially when dealing with mexican fighters. If anyone on this forum thinks the WBC uncapable of giving Junior a pass by falsifying the 30 pre weight... then your a rookie to the sport!
                    My dude, 75% of the boxing n00bs on this board didn't even know there was a 30-pre.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Maybe because, the majority feel it's not Top Rank. More so WBC and the Mexican alliance going on?
                      C'mon, J-Ro.

Must we re-visit the sweetheart deals/favouritism between TD and WBC?

Comment

Working...
                      X