No announcement yet.

Marcos "UFC fighting" Maidana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
    How dare the haters complain about Mayweather being dirty yet Maidana tried to knee Floyd in the clinch, scored a double leg takedown that nearly landed floyd out of the ring. And when he wasn't busy with his MMA moves he was rabbit punching and intentionally throwing low blows out of frustration.

Maidana is the dirtiest fighter in the sport of Boxing today. So yes, the ref was very bad last night because he did not deduct atleast 2 points from Maidana.
    And Floyd covering poor little Canelo's mouth and nose and asfixiating him thats fine, right? Or eyegouging him? come on man, we're not stupid.
    Maidana would murder Floyd on a street fight though. Hell, Floyd wouldnt even get in the ring with him without them Floyd-safe pillow gloves.

Comment

Don't give any credence to the UFC by mentioning them here.

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
      As I mentioned earlier, the streams I had crashed and I only got to see up to the 4th round.

From what I saw, I didn't like was that Maidana was deliberately aiming for the back of Floyd's head, especially in the 1st round.
      If someone's going to give you that target it's their own fault. About time someone thought to take advantage of it, atleast Weeks recognized Floyd gave that target and didn't take points away.

Comment

midana fought dirty the most he did his thing but he lost the fight, floyd was bch-ing alot i expected a dirty fight from chino, but trying to break a guys arm smh.... 2 points shoulda been deducted.. floyd is getting old too i really dont understand the robbery outcry tho grow up

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
          And Floyd covering poor little Canelo's mouth and nose and asfixiating him thats fine, right? Or eyegouging him? come on man, we're not stupid.
          Maidana would murder Floyd on a street fight though. Hell, Floyd wouldnt even get in the ring with him without them Floyd-safe pillow gloves.
          You just unknowingly associated Maidana with scummy streetfighting. It's because you realise how disgraceful his fouls are, you accidentally let the truth come out in this post.

Comment

He did what he had to do and made Floyd uncomfortable. If he had fought a clean and simple fight, it would've been just another boring UD type of fight for Floyd like the Canelo fight, but in order to beat Floyd, you have to bully him on the inside and use a lot of dirty roughhousing tactics. [Castillo, Hatton, Oscar, Cotto] all did the same thing and used their weight to kept the pressure on Floyd on the inside.

Comment

Got to respect the man for trying everything to win. It's the refs job to stop him from doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
                He did what he had to do and made Floyd uncomfortable. If he had fought a clean and simple fight, it would've been just another boring UD type of fight for Floyd like the Canelo fight, but in order to beat Floyd, you have to bully him on the inside and use a lot of dirty roughhousing tactics. [Castillo, Hatton, Oscar, Cotto] all did the same thing and used their weight to kept the pressure on Floyd on the inside.
                No. Cotto for one fought a clean, honorable fight and gave him one of his toughest fights in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by borgata View Post
                  Got to respect the man for trying everything to win. It's the refs job to stop him from doing so.
                  Again:
                  Floyd, Hopkins etc: Cheating frauds, ban them from the sport.

Maidana: got to respect him for trying doe!

Maidana is a thug and his street ways came through. Like Larry Merchant once said, "You can't hide who you truly are inside the ring".

Comment

Roughhousing and low blows are one form of fighting dirty, and taking a fighter's gloves away before the fight begins is another form.

Both fighters were guilty of it, but it's fairly obvious which one was the most underhanded.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                      Again:
                      Floyd, Hopkins etc: Cheating frauds, ban them from the sport.

Maidana: got to respect him for trying doe!

Maidana is a thug and his street ways came through. Like Larry Merchant once said, "You can't hide who you truly are inside the ring".
                      When did I ever say that about Floyd or Hopkins? Ok then......

That's what you do in the ring. Try to win any way possible. And I respect Marcos for doing what he had to do.

And for the record, I'm one of the biggest Mayweather fans on this site.

Comment

Working...
                      X