No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Juanma Lopez Putting in Work For His Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Juanma Lopez Putting in Work For His Return

Juan Manuel Lopez is truly ahead of schedule for his return bout on February 2 in Bayamon, Puerto Rico.

The former two-division titlist is so anxious to prove he’s ready to go, that he voluntarily showed up for a 30-day pre-fight weigh-in despite the fact that his upcoming bout with Silva Santos came with no such requirements.

“I weighed here to show that I’m working hard and focused,” Lopez said during Friday’s weigh-in ceremony. The Puerto Rican tipped the scales at 139.5 lb for next month’s fight, which takes place at a contracted weight of 128 lb.

The standard for most title fights governed by the Puerto Rico Boxing Commission require fighters are no more than 15% heavier than the contracted weight 30 days from the fight date. Lopez falls well within those parameters, as his maximum allowable weight would have been 147.2 lb. There is no title at stake for his bout with Santos (18-3, 9KO), which is scheduled for ten rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lets see if he learned to fight smart

Comment

Lopez's team charges PPV dollars to fight a cab driver=no outrage

Cotto's team charges PPV dollars to fight a world champ=I hatez Cotto! OUTRAGE

Carry on, have nothing else to add.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post

Man every fight in PR is on PPV, even mismatches against bad fighters.

That gotta suck!

Comment

Jaunma looks ready for butter bean.

Comment

Originally posted by Toltec77 View Post
            Jaunma looks ready for butter bean.
            He's been away for a while and his fight isn't for another month...fighters are usually in their "drained-out" cut look to make weight the week of the fight...when you're not fighting (suspension in this case), you can train to stay in shape all year, but you're not training and draining to look cut for a weigh in since you're not officially fighting....it's just the way it goes...in the middle of camp, a fighter isn't going to look "cut" the way they would at the weigh in...

Comment

Another fighter that gets tattoos after losing!!!!

Comment

I'd like to see Juanma vs Donaire next year. Guaranteed KO if that fight happens. Two of the hardest P4P punchers right now.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post

Look highspeed, Cotto's fight was free in the US, and PPV in PR. Juanma's fight is PPV for everybody!! Talking out of your arse much?

Anyways, Cotto's fight wasnt PPv worth it, let alone Juanma's shitty ass fight with a samba dancer from brazil!

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                    Another fighter that gets tattoos after losing!!!!
                    yeah..check Cotto...Margarito...Pavlik...Kessler had before but added more after Calzaghe and Ward fights..guess its their inner demons..

Comment

Working...
                    X