Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella: "Martinez will fight Mayweather at 150 if he wants, 80/20 split"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People won't admit it but going on his 8th MW fight in a row this dude ain't hitting 154 let alone 150. Why not move up and fight Froch? Its not Floyd money but he would still get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
      People won't admit it but going on his 8th MW fight in a row this dude ain't hitting 154 let alone 150. Why not move up and fight Froch? Its not Floyd money but he would still get paid.
      I thought you wanted him to fight Ward?

Comment

Martinez shouldn't degrade himself and his legacy by getting himself down to 150. 154 or nothing. Martinez wants a big fight, multi million dollar, PPV extravaganza to end his career. A career in which for 15 years he was over looked. So I can understand his desperation to get Mayweather but it's not worth draining himself of necessary muscle. A rematch with Chavez brings him big buck, then may be a winnable fight at 168 against someone who can be hit and out maneuvered such as Froch.

Comment

Willingness to come down to 150lb is bait ( the 80/20 split isn't). If they start negotiating the fight they can say ''actually no fight me at this weight'' and it creates a situation where Floyd cannot pull out without looking like a *****.

I'd like to see the fight at 160lb, I'm just not a fan of people making offers they have no intention of honoring.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
            What does any of what you posted have to do with my post?
            Everything. Just how you say, well he'll fight Trout, why complain. I turned it on you. Why would you want Floyd to fight ginger if he lost to Trout?? But I know your answer. You want the easy fight. Of course the logic is there, you'll simply ignore it.

Comment

Lou looking to cash out on martinez LOL, he knows he gonna retire soon. why not send out with a ass whooping for some $$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Floyd gets retired in a fight against Sergio, you could offer to fight for free and Floyd still would want you to come in at 147.

Comment

Is it really necessary to find a fight that far of a weight away? Sergio is bigger than Floyd by far...and I believe that someone like him could beat Floyd...but why would Floyd easy to take that fight and why would we as the public want to see it...Sorry Sergio, but you should be moving up to fight SMW's not trying to cut wait to fight a guy who can't even make 154...this is all for a check and it's pretty sad...

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    Willingness to come down to 150lb is bait ( the 80/20 split isn't). If they start negotiating the fight they can say ''actually no fight me at this weight'' and it creates a situation where Floyd cannot pull out without looking like a *****.

I'd like to see the fight at 160lb, I'm just not a fan of people making offers they have no intention of honoring.
                    This is exactly what Chad Dawson did, And am glad Ward said No to him, funny enough Ward would have been accuse of ducking if he says no fight even at 168.

Comment

Martinez looked a little weight drained at the weigh in vs chavez how is he gonna loose ten pounds extra? If they were to fight make it at 154 a weight they both can make. The jr mw limit why handicap a fighter?

Comment

Working...
                      X