Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much heat is this fight generating where you are?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
    I'm pleasantly surprised at all the buzz this is getting in the British media. A piece on skysports news last night, seen it on BBC sports news, in the papers. More buzz then Pac v JMM 3. And the obvious link to Mayweather is being thrown around. All good for the sport.
    On the website you mean? There have been some stories in the papers which I found surprising for a fight between a filipino and a mexican. Definitely a notable fight but I have to say I'm sick of this match-up and won't be watching (although I might have if it was on 10pm UK time)

Comment

Usual buzz out in the NY metro area, nothing out of the ordinary. Haven't heard from as many people as I normally would during the lead-up to the fight but I imagine that interest will pick up tonight as people set their plans for the evening, just like I've been gaining interest all day. Hard to gauge how much interest there is until immediately after a fight when the phone starts ringing.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
        I'm from England and I've been quite surprised by the coverage of this fight in the media. Normally, boxing is tucked away right next to horse racing but I've seen a heck of a lot of online websites of newspapers carry this fight as a big one in their sport sections.

Eg - the Guardian has done a nice, big article on it. And there's a gif section heavily featuring Pac (even referring to him as Pacman).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport

I don't remember other Pac or May fights getting this amount of coverage. Or even the 3rd Pac/JMM fight. It's weird, it's kinda like everyone knows who these two guys are now.

In terms of people, I've had the usual people text me that I would normally get for a big fight in their eyes (Pac/Floyd/Khan/Haye), nothing out of the ordinary there.

But it's pretty cool sports fans know who JMM is now, at least.
        I was at a hockey game tonight an no one was talking about the fight :cool9:

Poet

Comment

Working...
        X