Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best proven supplements to add to shakes/smoothie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I eat my food like a normal human being.

I never understood the obsession with shakes. Why is so hard for so many weight lifters to just get there nutrients through food?

For a quick post workout meal I guess I get it. But there is very little evidence than any of this crap is being absorbed by the body. Body evolved to digest nutrients through food, not shakes..

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post

I never understood the obsession with shakes. Why is so hard for so many weight lifters to just get there nutrients through food?

For a quick post workout meal I guess I get it. But there is very little evidence than any of this crap is being absorbed by the body. Body evolved to digest nutrients through food, not shakes..
      I agree 100%. I used to do shakes for years and I can't say that I have been at any disadvantage without them. I'm probably healthier in many ways without all the excessive protein.

Comment

Provide evidence that we as humans don't process or absorb blended nutrients. I'll be waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          I agree 100%. I used to do shakes for years and I can't say that I have been at any disadvantage without them. I'm probably healthier in many ways without all the excessive protein.
          What excessive protein? If you were getting too much of it why not just scale back on the supps that had protein?

Comment

Originally posted by GOT BEEF? View Post
            What excessive protein? If you were getting too much of it why not just scale back on the supps that had protein?
            Because you can get all that you need form natural sources and be sure of what you are taking/eating.

Comment

Because you can get all that you need form natural sources and be sure of what you are taking/eating.
              Maybe I'm just too lazy.

I buy pre-frozen fruits from the supermarket so I don't have to wash anything or use ice. I just throw in a handful of fruits from each bag, some spinach and a banana and then the superfoods come into play. I'm still trying to find that right balance but so far I'm giving Chia seeds a try along with Hemp Protien and Flax seed along with Maca powder. And then I use non-fat milk for the liquid.

It tastes pretty bomb and I get full for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Just make a whole food smoothie with a Vitamix blender and you are good to go.

I usually put plain greek yogurt with some berries, or fruits, and drink that. you can look for fruit smoothie recipes online easy.

If you trying to build muscle add some Plain whey.

I stopped taking supplements though, they are useless, just spend more money on real food go to a good cheap grocery chain like ALDI and you can cop some deals and a lot of their stuff is organic or USDA certified.

I forgot what muscle supp I used but it bloated my face up bad, also eliminate sugar, and high sodium, if you workout you can have a bit sugar and sodium but if you are a sedentary person you dont need much, just make your sugar come from fruits which has natural fructose and health benefits from the vitamins and minerals.
                agree with this 100 percent.

Comment

Originally posted by GOT BEEF? View Post
                  Provide evidence that we as humans don't process or absorb blended nutrients. I'll be waiting.
                  No one said you don't absorb them but the evidence thats it's efficient or that a lot of it is absorbed is non existent. On top of that it's well documented that supplements have horrible absorption rates.

Caloric intake from liquids is still very new to the human body. it took millions of years to evolve the body to food, and there's many foods it still has net fully evolved to.

It Would be ignorant to think the body adjusted to powdered products and liquid calories so quickly.

Comment

Ya all that powedered crap is bs anyway. Cancer in a jar.

Not to mention the amount of protein the average weight lifter needs is far less than they have been told.

The whole 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight is ridiculous. I went from 160 to 190 without ever eating anywhere close to that amount of protein. I couldn't even imagine eating 190+ grams of protein a day.

Comment

No one said you don't absorb them but the evidence thats it's efficient or that a lot of it is absorbed is non existent. On top of that it's well documented that supplements have horrible absorption rates.

Caloric intake from liquids is still very new to the human body. it took millions of years to evolve the body to food, and there's many foods it still has net fully evolved to.

It Would be ignorant to think the body adjusted to powdered products and liquid calories so quickly.
                      So why are people so infatuated with green smoothies and healthy blends if we can't even absorb the nutrients in liquid form?

Comment

Working...
                      X