Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera Catches Police Planting Drugs In Small shop

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have personally heard of rats being paid by the police. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by eight...nine... View Post
      I have personally heard of rats being paid by the police. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        people charged with or under the threat of charges for crimes turn over as witnesses/ informants in exchange for lesser sentences or dropped charges all the time.

it goes both ways, the exchange i mentioned is more popular than the exchange of money for information. it's even brought up in the video.
        NE I'm sure that happens, but coming where I come from and knowing what I know, cops pay informants. That's the way it works most of the time because I have been offered money myself.

I don't want to get to personal with this, but just trust me, informants are paid off by cops to tell them things or do things for them.

Either way, this guy was working with/for the cops and I'm interested to see what he says about who told him to put the cocaine there. Because I'm sure him being caught red handed in planting drugs, he's not going to just say "oops, ok you got me"

I'm sure he's going to snitch someone out.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          you know who memo heredia is. he works with marquez and is a former balco associate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/13/sp...anted=all&_r=0

this is an ny times article outlining his turn as a witness and "informant" in the face of facts and information concerning his involvement with PEDs.

what the poster "AK49" is describing is a well documented phenomenon. it happens on every level, especially with drugs. the best way to figure out who is selling the drugs is to get somebody to talk. you don't pay them. you have the leverage of the drug charges. you drop or reduce them in exchange for information more valuable than a petty/street-level drug conviction.
          pretty interesting article

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
            NE I'm sure that happens, but coming where I come from and knowing what I know, cops pay informants. That's the way it works most of the time because I have been offered money myself.

I don't want to get to personal with this, but just trust me, informants are paid off by cops to tell them things or do things for them.

Either way, this guy was working with/for the cops and I'm interested to see what he says about who told him to put the cocaine there. Because I'm sure him being caught red handed in planting drugs, he's not going to just say "oops, ok you got me"

I'm sure he's going to snitch someone out.
            As far as cops paying people, I'm sure it happens, but have never personally come across it. I have tho, dealt with people on numerous occasions who got busted on fairly small offenses (but still faced jail/prison), and decided to work with the police for a reduced sentence. Cops would much rather fry a big fish than a small fish, would much rather cut the head off the snake than worry about the snakes tail, etc.

The threat of jail/prison is a powerful enough motivator for many, which cops make sure they use this leverage.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
              As far as cops paying people, I'm sure it happens, but have never personally come across it. I have tho, dealt with people on numerous occasions who got busted on fairly small offenses (but still faced jail/prison), and decided to work with the police for a reduced sentence. Cops would much rather fry a big fish than a small fish, would much rather cut the head off the snake than worry about the snakes tail, etc.

The threat of jail/prison is a powerful enough motivator for many, which cops make sure they use this leverage.
              Yes but more often than not it's paid off because cops use the same informants over and over. There are people working for cops that don't even have outstanding cases anymore, they are just snitches.

When they get caught, they can be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Yes but more often than not it's paid off because cops use the same informants over and over. There are people working for cops that don't even have outstanding cases anymore, they are just snitches.

When they get caught, they can be killed.
                Hmmm, don't known if I'd say 'more often then not', but it certainly does happen. I think you might be surprised at how often some guy gets busted for some drugs, and the cops turn him to bust the dealer. Guy gets a reduced sentence, and the cops get the bigger bust.

This route is free under the leverage of the threat, as opposed to having to pay somebody.which I am certain happens, just have never personally come across it.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
                  Hmmm, don't known if I'd say 'more often then not', but it certainly does happen. I think you might be surprised at how often some guy gets busted for some drugs, and the cops turn him to bust the dealer. Guy gets a reduced sentence, and the cops get the bigger bust.

This route is free under the leverage of the threat, as opposed to having to pay somebody.which I am certain happens, just have never personally come across it.
                  Let me put it this way, I have come to find out people I was hanging out with that were working for the cops.

I don't have stats, but to say they NEVER get paid (which i think was the original point) is not true. They get paid cash money my friend, and they do it to snitch out people they know and are very close with.

Comment

Working...
                  X