No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward: I've Always Felt Like The Underdog

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimmyD729 View Post
    But he was labeled as "the guy" at one point. They were trying to call him the next Roy jones jr. I've followed his pro career from the beginning and he was a whiner back then. He also struggled early in his career with guys that were supposed to be easy, confidence building fights. He got put on spaghetti legs by a guy named Kenny Kost, a white boy from Iowa or some shiat. His "step up fight" was against a washed up Edison Miranda on which fought scared, just looking to out wrestle his opponent. After winning the super six tourney, he was adored by the media and fans. It seemed like he didn't like the love and attention and preferred to be an outsider. He even bragged about not taking the beaten path in his career and saying that he liked to do things differently than signing with a major promoter and getting the support of the networks which is his perogative, but don't purposely go against the grain and then try to play the victim card and say you've never had the support of the boxing establishment.
    alt alert.....alt alert

just tune in november.....all the talking, trolling, etc stops.

GGG got put on spaghetti legs by a no name and busted up by a shot kassim ouma

fighters get dropped and clipped all the time bro

you need to watch more boxing

Comment

Originally posted by mapleleaf27 View Post
      If Ward is -135, that means you have to risk $135 to win $100 on Ward. So if he lose you lose 135, if he win you keep your 135 and make 100. The flipside is if you like Kova you risk 100 to win 120, if Kova lose you lose your 100, if he win you keep your 100 and make 120. For boxing this line is about as close as it gets, last year if I remember correctly FMJR was -170 vs Pac.
      So Ward is actually favored in this fight? I'm in little shocked! I would imagine that those odds change as we get closer to the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougj View Post
        So Ward is actually favored in this fight? I'm in little shocked! I would imagine that those odds change as we get closer to the fight.
        its not really a shock considering Kov turned pro like in 2009 and Ward has been around since 04 even though he is younger. He won a gold medal, and that super 6 was big deal a few years ago. Also Kovalev isnt being hyped to the heavens like how Matthyssee and GGG is now so it reflects

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          alt alert.....alt alert

just tune in november.....all the talking, trolling, etc stops.

GGG got put on spaghetti legs by a no name and busted up by a shot kassim ouma

fighters get dropped and clipped all the time bro

you need to watch more boxing
          Oh I'm sorry sir. I thought this thread was about ward. I didn't realize we were obligated to speak about triple G

Comment

These are some Mayweather Jr quotes from a 2013 FightHype interview.
            ¨Ward´s got a gold medal and nobody knows him.¨
            "When is Ward gonna leave Oakland and put asses in seats somewhere?¨
            ¨Broner is more known than Ward and he don't even have an amateur background.¨
            Andre might do better if he stopped blaming people (this is no knock on you but....) and took a look at himself to find out why he's not "the guy".
            Finally for a guy who says he is comfortable and this makes no difference to him, he sure does complain a lot.
            Last edited by ruedboy; 09-26-2016, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyD729 View Post
              Oh I'm sorry sir. I thought this thread was about ward. I didn't realize we were obligated to speak about triple G
              hey its done all the time on this forum...point is...everyone gets clipped, or buzzed

GGG buzz kill fans always enter threads about ward to trash him...so.....

it is boxing you know....kovalev has been clipped buzzed and dropped himself

they both will be getting hit

Comment

This will be an interesting fight. I expect on some level it will be a little bit like the Canelo vs Mayweather fight. Kovalev will stock Ward and try and out muscle him and wear him down for a late round stoppage and Ward will rely on his excellent defensive skills and balance to pop shot Kovalev while moving out of the way and grabbing when he can't to avoid punishment. I don't think the fight will be that exciting and expect Ward to win a narrow decision but take most of the physical punishment in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Ohh yes, in hind sight and almost half a decade later we're gonna rewrite history. No, 168 was one of the best divisions in boxing when Ward dominated it. In fact, I believe it was Kessler who was favored to win the super 6. And yes it was dominated by the Eastern Europeans, but the division was on of the best.

Froch
                  Kessler
                  Abraham
                  Dirrel
                  Taylor
                  Ward

It's the very reason why Ward was considered a strong pfp#1 candidate. I don't even know how someone can compare Ward to Broner. Or 135 to 168. It was welterweight who was weak at the time 168 was strong. Now the division is weak, but it was absolutely not back then.

Another thing, if Ward does beat Kova, (the division best), why in the world would he duck Stevenson or Beiterbiev?? Beiterbiev doesn't have the professional resume or experience to worry Him. And Stevenson is an afterthought at this point with his ducking self.

And who were these b-level Euro's that were exposed upon fighting the top guys from the US?? Ward is the only top US fighter to win the super 6. Froch beat both Taylor and Dirrel. (He didn't really beat Dirrel), Dirrel beat himself. But Ward is the only US fighter to shine. I'm thinking you're surely confused. Your long unrealistic post suggests as much. Hell, you even compared Broner to Ward, lol.
                  one of the best divisions!? It was shocking. Should have been called the super-**** six. Had alan green and 100 year old glen johnson in it by the end

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    one of the best divisions!? It was shocking. Should have been called the super-**** six. Had alan green and 100 year old glen johnson in it by the end
                    if you wasnt following boxing back then its cool, but 168 was literally one of the deepest divisions around at 2008-2012

Abraham moved up , Dirrell Brothers, Bute, Taylor moved up, Froch, Ward, Kessler, Glen Johnson was still a good fighter at that point, Allan Green, etc.

lay off the sauce

cant rewrite history.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                      if you wasnt following boxing back then its cool, but 168 was literally one of the deepest divisions around at 2008-2012

Abraham moved up , Dirrell Brothers, Bute, Taylor moved up, Froch, Ward, Kessler, Glen Johnson was still a good fighter at that point, Allan Green, etc.

lay off the sauce

cant rewrite history.
                      oh come on man, worst thing is you know your boxing your just incredibly bias. That division was wank, how do you think them guys would have done against someone like kovalev? WOuld have blitzed all of them
                      Abraham- very very limited fighter, please dont tell me you rate him
                      Andre dirrell- good fighter but not really a world beater as degale showed
                      carl froch- warrior but with big limitations, easily outboxed, mocked by americans as a limited caveman until ward beat him by 1 round, then that became the best victory in the history of boxing
                      Bute- crap really isnt he, knocked out with a headguard on by GGG. pascal and degale showed hes not much good
                      Taylor- prime years way past him
                      Johnson- 100 year old guy with many losses. fact he could still compete with some of them fighters shows how poor division was
                      Kessler- Yeah good solid fighter, was he that great, not really. Cocaine joe beat him fairly handily
                      Alan green- useless, what more can be said

super 6 was just a bunch of b level and c level fighters lumped in with each other. Thought dirrell beat froch so i'd have said someone like dirrell would have won it if ward wasnt there so its not that much of an achievement beating that line up of fighters

Comment

Working...
                      X