Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao-Bradley Trilogy: PPV, Gate Figures Disappoint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simply put this should not have been PPV. If it was on regular HBO it would have set records. The first 2 fights weren't great and it was much the same the third time.

Us fans don't want to see a fight more than once unless warranted much less 3 or 4 times like Top Rank likes to do reproducing the same damn fight over and over again.

The undercard fights helped for Valdez and Ramirez at least.

Comment

Originally posted by bambam182 View Post
      pac and may were never big draws. they all hit 1 Million buys with opponents who had big names and a good following, but HBO and SHO made it like it was pac and may doing all the attraction and both may tards and pac tards bought into this. i said this since back in the day.

pac had over 1 million buys with de la hoya, JMM, margarito, cotto, mosley, hatton, fighters with good names and good following.
      flopped with algeri, bradley, clottey, rios, who are not known even in their own countries.

may had over 1 milion with de la hoya, ginger, jmm, cotto, all big followings in their countries, only reason he hit million dollar buys with other fighters like ortiz is becuase he had the ginger on the undercard. he didnt hit 1 million with judah, baldomir, maidana, guerrero again not big in their own countires.

they are big draws with big name fighters.

if they were as big as they said pac would have hit 1 mill with rios and may with berto.
      Other than Oscar none of those fighters hit a mil without fighting Floyd or Manny. So there big names didn't carry much weight on there own. So stop with the dumb ass logic. The last fight that hit a mil PPV that didn't include Floyd or Manny was in 2004.

Comment

I don't know why bob is surprised. Nobody asked for this fight. I'm a big Pac fan and I didn't even buy this fight.

Nonetheless, 400k buys is pretty impressive for a fight that nobody was excited for.

Comment

Hardly surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
            This proves that Pacquiao has always needed Mayweather to sell. Berto is way worse than Bradley yet Floyd outsold him in tickets and PPV. Once the possibility of Pacquiao beating Floyd was gone Pacquiao numbers dropped significantly. This is the reason Arum never wanted to make the fight. A loss to Floyd in 2010 would've cost Arum tens of millions. Why do you think GGG is talking about fight Floyd? Because the possibility of fighting Floyd will boost your numbers. It's even worked for MMA, a sport Floyd doesn't participate in. The financial impact Floyd had on boxing can't be measured and will never be matched.
            lol

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
            Other than Oscar none of those fighters hit a mil without fighting Floyd or Manny. So there big names didn't carry much weight on there own. So stop with the dumb ass logic. The last fight that hit a mil PPV that didn't include Floyd or Manny was in 2004.
            Yeah what a ridiculous thing to say. How are Manny and Floyd not big draws? You are right. Nobody else cracks a million unless they are fighting them. Not even Cotto vs Canelo. Best believe Canelo vs GGG and Ward vs Kovalev won't crack a million either

Comment

What did they expect? No-one wanted this fight but they went ahead and did it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
                What did they expect? No-one wanted this fight but they went ahead and did it anyway.

The figures were bad, the networks may have even lost money..... and all I got was 27% + 18% + the middle-money.....

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  Come on Jake, stop with the bull****.

Pac did not become a lineal WW champ by beating BRADLEY for a vacant title.

That is not-the-fk what lineal means, and you know it.

When will this fcukery stop ?
                  Pacquiao was #1 and Bradley #2 in our ratings prior to the fight, as well as TBRB.

When the top two contenders face off in a division where the lineal championship is vacant, the winner fills that vacancy and becomes the lineal champ. Pretty simple stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                    This proves that Pacquiao has always needed Mayweather to sell. Berto is way worse than Bradley yet Floyd outsold him in tickets and PPV. Once the possibility of Pacquiao beating Floyd was gone Pacquiao numbers dropped significantly. This is the reason Arum never wanted to make the fight. A loss to Floyd in 2010 would've cost Arum tens of millions. Why do you think GGG is talking about fight Floyd? Because the possibility of fighting Floyd will boost your numbers. It's even worked for MMA, a sport Floyd doesn't participate in. The financial impact Floyd had on boxing can't be measured and will never be matched.
                    Yeah.....

All about Mayweather.

Pac-Jmm 3 n 4, Pac-Cotto, Pac-Hatton, Pac-Marg was all because of Mayweather.

Even the Pac ppvs at 122-130.

Comment

Promoters think their fighters are some sort of last species animal that people will pay to see no matter how bad the match is, and lack of interest in it. As if we all go to, and buy PPV for boxing matches to watch one guy. Nah bro give me good fights or gtfo out my face could be Jesus up there, but if he's fighting a fight nobody gives a **** about, or aint competitive then so sorry Jesus I ain't paying for that

Comment

Working...
                      X