No announcement yet.

Boxrec p4p is crap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first two are correct.

How the hell are so many people ahead of bradley? Brook, KHAN, porter, THURMAN? Adonis Stevenson who wont fight Kergev to save his life.

Comment

GGG is top 5 or higher by every fucing body so get used to it. Did it ever occur to you that they all rank GGG is high because he deserves it. Ring, Boxrec, ESPN, Boxing Scene and others all have GGG top 5 or better pound for pound and they all have him well above Ward. Ward doesn't get to stay in the top 10 pound for pound because of what he did 4 or 5 years ago. Ward almost never fights and when he does fight it's not against anybody good. GGG is fighting Lemieux. Ward is fighting???? Oh that's right, Ward isn't fighting anybody as usual. I agree with you that Rigo and Gonzalez belong at or near the top of a pound for pound list. GGG damn sure belongs very high up the list, top 5 at least. Ward needs to fight and beat some good fighters to get back in the top 10. It's not a lifetime award. GGG has been fighting and knocking out top 10 middleweights 3 or 4 times a year for years so that's why he is on everybody's top 10 pound for pound list except yours and the other GGG haters.

Comment

Loool at Lara rating and Maidana.

Not buying GGG Porter Brook or Thurman belonging where they're at either.

At least Wlad finally gets proper recognition he bus definitely top 5.

Where are guys at smaller weights?

Another hilarious note about boxrec rankings: Antonio Tarver is the 8th ranked HW in the world!!!

I don't know if they have some objective - based mathematical formula or actually use subjective reasoning (which is definitely best for boxing).

Comment

Why would anyone be surprised? These computer ratings have always poor, only good for ballpark ratings.

Comment

Terrible but expected

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
              Take your pick of any 10 fighters who have fought at least once in the past 20 months against ranked opposition in their own rated weight class.

I am also fine with Rigo not being on the list. If you do not fight, you do not make the list and Rigo with only 15 fights is borderline at the best of times.
              It is not a current achievements list..... It is simple a list of who would win If they were all the same size...For example Klitschko shouldn't be anywhere near any P4P lists... I'd pick Rigo and Donaire over every guy here P4P (That includes Nicholas Walters ) bar maybe Floyd ..... You guys are so blind to reality.

Comment

how the **** did thurman get in?

Comment

Originally posted by L33tboxingdewd View Post
                  Loool at Lara rating and Maidana.

Not buying GGG Porter Brook or Thurman belonging where they're at either.

At least Wlad finally gets proper recognition he bus definitely top 5.

Where are guys at smaller weights?

Another hilarious note about boxrec rankings: Antonio Tarver is the 8th ranked HW in the world!!!

I don't know if they have some objective - based mathematical formula or actually use subjective reasoning (which is definitely best for boxing).
                  GGG,Porter,Brook, Thurman, Maidana and Lara all beat the piss out of Wlad P4P H2H, in fact I'd pick everyone of them to crack his chin. You don't seem to understand what P4P means... Wlad would lose all height and weight advantages and be forced to perform on skills alone at which point he would be wrecked. The real P4P lists probably looks something like Floyd, Marquez, Carlos Molina,

Comment

You can't do quantitative analysis on something that is totally qualitative. There is no mathematical formula that makes that situation work out.

It is a very poor use of math to be honest~

If boxing had real good stats then something like this could be worthwhile, but boxing has no hard stats at all except wins, losses, draws and knockouts. Boxing fans all know that not all wins',losses, draws and knockouts are not equal. Even punchstats are just guys pushing a button based on punches thrown and what they think landed, and even then it is not like all punches thrown and landed are equal in a single fight by a single guy let alone across the whole sport.

Comment

This subject, like the what alphabet group sucks the worse when they all suck at an elite level subject, is one that I think virtually everyone fails at. I don't even follow a "P4P top ten" that anyone does as its a super subjective thing first off & I believe the way most judge is is about longevity more than P4P right now. If P4P was legitly judged a subpar performance could drop a guy out of the P4P (imo), but you'll rarely see a guy drop unless he loses or is inactive.
                      Last edited by Eff Pandas; 08-13-2015, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X