No announcement yet.

Broner Becoming a Problem With Team Haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    According to 78 they are going to start matching him up tough and see if he can handle it.
    I knew this was coming. The biggest difference between Floyd and Broner is DEDICATION. Broner isn't as good as he thinks he is. I knew they were going to play him tough very soon. It begins now. If he wants A side money he'll have to have to face talent to warrant that money.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
      if u are training u dont balloon up in weight after every fight. u also dont have a hard time making your weight classes. ive been a broner fan from day one. but to act like he doesnt have a maturity problem is ignoring the obvious.
      So what if he's immature. I'm the biggest Floyd fan in the world and I've seen him at some of his lowest points of immaturity, even in his near 40's!

That doesn't take away the fact that he's a monster in the gym. Sure, Broner puts on weight during the "off season" but damn near 90% of fighters do. I'm sure Floyd does, it's just not as much as these other guys.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        Didn't watch all of it but this video seems like a bunch of bs speculation lol. All haymon fighters that are champs or close to that level are gettin matched tough. Haymons ass is on the line he's not gonna baby them forever. He has to put on good fights and he has so far
        Yeah Leo Santa Cruz has been on a tear and Adonis Stevenson has been running through a gauntlet of tough competitors lol.
        There's been Thurman vs Guerrero at least.

Comment

LOL. "He's the real fighter that Haymon's protecting doe."

I've said it a lot, and I'll always say it. The fighters can tell Haymon what fights they want, if they really want them. He can't protect them without their say so.

Comment

Originally posted by In Motion View Post
            So what if he's immature. I'm the biggest Floyd fan in the world and I've seen him at some of his lowest points of immaturity, even in his near 40's!

That doesn't take away the fact that he's a monster in the gym. Sure, Broner puts on weight during the "off season" but damn near 90% of fighters do. I'm sure Floyd does, it's just not as much as these other guys.
            We agree on most but DEFINITELY not on this subject my dude. Broner lacks dedication. He also inflates his own abilities. He thinks he is on Floyd's level. He is of the level of a Danny Garcia. B level. They will play him tough and he will have to put up or shut up.

Comment

It is his middle name

Comment

Run him through a Gauntlet of Tough Fights! I'm all for this! OK "SUPERSTAR" you think you already made it then PROVE IT IN THE RING! Make him earn this Entitlement that he thinks he has because Mayweather took him under his wing and he been hyped up to believe that he is the next Superstar

Comment

Originally posted by In Motion View Post
                  That's true. Even recently he went to war with Taylor. He's accustomed to the big times now.
                  Idk man, jury's still out as to what Broner is capable of. Ponce de Leon tested him, Paulie fought him close, Maidana thrashed him. The Taylor fight was highly entertaining but let's not exaggerate and say that's an A class opponent. Chances are Antonio Orozco is going to beat Taylor this weekend, maybe more impressively than AB did. I like Broner because I think he's entertaining and the sport can really benefit from big personalities, but I'm not sure yet just how good he can be. He seemed better on his feet against Molina; he'll need to use those legs if he wants to beat Porter.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    LOL. "He's the real fighter that Haymon's protecting doe."

I've said it a lot, and I'll always say it. The fighters can tell Haymon what fights they want, if they really want them. He can't protect them without their say so.
                    Exactly. Broner wanted Chino and he got him. Russell Jr. wanted the belt and he bid on the Lomachenko fight. Garcia/Matthysse happened.

Haymon will make fights if the fighters want them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                      He probably can handle it. People seem to act like the Maidana fight is the only fight he ever fought. The Maidana fight was a bump in the road.
                      Most don't think Broner has it because of the Maidana fight, the De Leon fight, the Paulie fight, and the Quintero fight.

Honestly Broner has only shown up on one occasion and that was the Demarco fight.

I think eventually you have to just keep it real and call it like you see it, Broner's a hype job and there's many boxers that are better than him who never get TV time.

Comment

Working...
                      X