No announcement yet.

"Blood In Blood Out" or "American Me?"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] "Blood In Blood Out" or "American Me?"

Which of these two classics is the better Mexican gang movie?
    Blood In Blood Out
    56.25%
    American Me
    43.75%

American Me! That movie ****s on every black or brown gang/hood movie.

Can never go wrong on movies that are based on a true story. Blood In Blood Out was more like a comedy to me. Wack.

Santana>>>>>>>> Miklo

Comment

As far as better,more credible serious movie , American me easily.entertaining tho is blood in blood out.

Comment

Blood in Blood out was just a rip off of American Me.

Comment

Blood In Blood Out is my favorite Chicano/Mexican gang movie......but American Me is far more "realistic" probably. Both are great.

It's not a gang movie, but the best movie about Chicano life and the Mexican Barrios is Stand and Deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Blood In Blood Out is my favorite Chicano/Mexican gang movie......but American Me is far more "realistic" probably. Both are great.

It's not a gang movie, but the best movie about Chicano life and the Mexican Barrios is Stand and Deliver.
            I agree, I recognize that American Me is the better flim but I personally enjoy Blood In Blood Out more, mainly because I think it's a funner film and I have been quoting it with my friends since I was like 12 years old. Probably the most unintentionally hilarious movie I've ever seen. It's got pretty iconic characters like Milkweed, Popeye, pre-pig Paco, Cruzito, Big Al, Montana, Magic, and Chuey.

Stand and Deliver is a good film, but I found the educating-the-troubled-youth theme a bit boring. Edward James Olmos and Lou Diamond Phillips were great in it though.

Comment

Any of you c*nts know who the norteņos and sureņos were in these movies? I have an idea, but I still don't know for sure.

I lived in Cali for a while and met some of these cats from both cliques. Never occurred for me to ask. I think that one of my norteņo friends mentioned that Olmos played the part of a norteņo in "American Me." Just curious.

For the record, I don't care for gangs, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
                Any of you c*nts know who the norteņos and sureņos were in these movies? I have an idea, but I still don't know for sure.

I lived in Cali for a while and met some of these cats from both cliques. Never occurred for me to ask. I think that one of my norteņo friends mentioned that Olmos played the part of a norteņo in "American Me." Just curious.

For the record, I don't care for gangs, just saying.
                La Eme (Mexican Mafia) = Sureņos

Nuestra Famila = Norteņos

Comment

American Me by a country mile the scene where he trys to butt rape his girl is the best lols.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    La Eme (Mexican Mafia) = Sureņos

Nuestra Famila = Norteņos
                    Gotcha, Original. Thanks, man.

Comment

Working...
                    X