Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Alfonso Gomez had an easier time with Kameiga than Guerrero did?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guerrero broke Kamegai. He left something in the ring that night, Gomez was the benefactor of the beating he took. I'd like to see Gomez vs. Guerrero and I'd pick Guerrero to win.

Comment

Guerrero is one of the most overrated fighters around today. He's not a top 10 WW and when they actually ranked him P4P in the Ring is when I quit taking their P4P rankings seriously. He's an average action fighter with long arms and no idea how to use the gifts he has. His father is clearly not the trainer for him IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Guerrero broke Kamegai. He left something in the ring that night, Gomez was the benefactor of the beating he took. I'd like to see Gomez vs. Guerrero and I'd pick Guerrero to win.
        It was the exact same Kamegai that Guerrero fought. The difference was that Gomez actually fought him intelligently as opposed to Guerrero, who boxed Kamegai well for one round and then elected of his own accord to brawl the rest of the way with him.

And The Ghost deserves all the credit in the world for his heart and grit, but it's very clear that he is a top 20 level Welterweight at best, not an elite one. All of his wins at Welterweight were life and death affairs against limited fighters that have now all lost far more clearly to a less regarded fighter since they fought Guerrero. He just gets the hype due to the Floyd fight, which really shouldn't have happened anyway.

As to Gomez, he doesn't possess top level athletic ability, but the skills, ring IQ, and intangibles have always been there. I'd like to see him get a fight against Guerrero or a solid name next.

Comment

Working...
        X