No announcement yet.

Underestimating Robert García's Margarito

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underestimating Robert García's Margarito

I think some people are underestimating how Robert García has tweaked Margarito.

In his fight against Pacquiao, he was putting his weight behind his punches much more effectively than in the first Cotto fight. His jab also improved. Sure, it was against Manny Pacquiao so he got destroyed. And just like he did in the first Cotto fight, if he you end up with your back against the ropes, he can still unload.

Also, having Omar Henry as a sparring partner was a great move by García. If there is a guy out there that can emulate Cotto, it's Omar Henry.

Kool so no excuses if he loses badly right?

Comment

Originally posted by 6Bound View Post
      Kool so no excuses if he loses badly right?
      There should not be any excuses from either camp.

Both trained well, with great trainers. What's to excuse?

Comment

Wha? What tweaks? He showed he can get lit up with right hooks all day. That's about it though.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
          Wha? What tweaks? He showed he can get lit up with right hooks all day. That's about it though.
          Better use of leverage/weight and much less arm punches, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
            There should not be any excuses from either camp.

Both trained well, with great trainers. What's to excuse?

No your'e right thats kool..Its just i dont see what youre talking about but im glad you feel hes better and stronger now.

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
            He just looks more ridiculous to me since hes trying to "box" more now as he put it a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by 6Bound View Post
              No your'e right thats kool..Its just i dont see what youre talking about but im glad you feel hes better and stronger now.

He just looks more ridiculous to me since hes trying to "box" more now as he put it a while ago.
              Not to mention his Dbag tattoos. All the washed up fighters get them these days...Cotto, Mosley, Marg, Tyson...

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
                Better use of leverage/weight and much less arm punches, IMHO.
                I think his upper body movement was gone vs Pac.

His footwork was very flat compared to the first fight.

Comment

Yea, Margarito has returned to prime form, minus the stunning power, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Yea, Margarito has returned to prime form, minus the stunning power, I guess.
                    Regarding the "stunning power" and arm punches. I remember when he fought Williams, in the last rounds, he connected some arm punches that looked like they were going to break Williams in two. Arm punches.

Comment

Working...
                    X