Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toney: "Hopkins is not a HOFer"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can it, James. Go wrestle. Seriously. Hopkins isn't a Hall of Famer?

Comment

Hopkins >>> Toney

as far as resume, skills, longevity in the sport, relevance, dedication, and ATG ranking.

Toney, fighters from the 70's didn't jump into another sport only to embarrass boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        Hopkins >>> Toney

as far as resume, skills, longevity in the sport, relevance, dedication, and ATG ranking.

Toney, fighters from the 70's didn't jump into another sport only to embarrass boxing.
        I agree with Toney. I know he often talks a lot of bull, but that's just having fun. For a guy like Hopkins to be in the Hall of Fame lowers it, since he spent all his middleweight years fighting genuine 4th raters, who were nearly all only part time fighters who held down other jobs to make a living. At the time it was a standing joke amongst commentators etc. Most present fans either just don't know, or forget-with an occasional Antwun Echols thrown in.

By the way he should have been DQ on the spot in one of their fights for spinning him round and deliberately rabbit punching him, dropping him. The ref neither warned him, took a point, nor NOTHING, just waited until Echols got up and allowed the fight to continue. I've never seen anything more blatant.

AND.....Hopkins was really a dieted down Lt. Heavy, over 6' 1" tall and had a big edge on everyone he fought. AND...he always stunk out the house, even worse than Mayweather. That's why he was almost completely unknown, even when he'd been champ for 7-8 years already.

His wins were always generously helped along with really dirty and foul fighting. He must have a head like a cannonball. Not to mention laces and thumbs, as well as low blows and rabbit punches. He has them ALL.

By the way, I don't like Hopkins very much anyway.

Comment

Damn does James Toney ever say anything smart,he should not be talking sht when a 50 year old wrestler beat the crap out of him.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            I agree with Toney. I know he often talks a lot of bull, but that's just having fun. For a guy like Hopkins to be in the Hall of Fame lowers it, since he spent all his middleweight years fighting genuine 4th raters, who were nearly all only part time fighters who held down other jobs to make a living. At the time it was a standing joke amongst commentators etc. Most present fans either just don't know, or forget-with an occasional Antwun Echols thrown in.

By the way he should have been DQ on the spot in one of their fights for spinning him round and deliberately rabbit punching him, dropping him. The ref neither warned him, took a point, nor NOTHING, just waited until Echols got up and allowed the fight to continue. I've never seen anything more blatant.

AND.....Hopkins was really a dieted down Lt. Heavy, over 6' 1" tall and had a big edge on everyone he fought. AND...he always stunk out the house, even worse than Mayweather. That's why he was almost completely unknown, even when he'd been champ for 7-8 years already.

His wins were always generously helped along with really dirty and foul fighting. He must have a head like a cannonball. Not to mention laces and thumbs, as well as low blows and rabbit punches. He has them ALL.

By the way, I don't like Hopkins very much anyway.
            Let me guess in your mind James Toneys punch drunk ass is a hof.

Comment

I could listen to Toney speak about Borenard all day.

Comment

Comment

he talks smack about everyone, cant hate on'em tho, he's just keepin it real, he's concieted, but what great fighter is'nt?

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
                    Let me guess in your mind James Toneys punch drunk ass is a hof.
                    are you sayig toney aint a hof?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                      and james tony falls down and chokes

I like James but he isn't winning this argument...I would have liked to see him and Bernard fight a long time ago...

Comment

Working...
                      X