Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the premier Boxing promotional company ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GBP by far there biggest event wasn't a mere event, that in itself says alot.

Comment

The best is Golden Boy designed by De La Hoya for boxers. He succeeded where Sugar Ray Leonard failed, because he had media connections too.

He was smart and the GBP team is doing very well for itself and earning plenty for its stable of boxers.

Comment

Top Rank

1. can put their own ppv's together...no one else can do this

2. is networking with major venues in the U.S. and bringing boxing to different spots such as Cowboys Stadium, Yankees stadium and soon to be Giants Stadium and possible Azteca Stadium

3. Has a deal with the regular TV stations with their Top Rank live series, so many boxers in their stable are getting exposure by being on free tv. GBP does have a deal as well, but they don't have as many dates and there series aren't good and done well at all. Top Rank live does 3-4 dates per month it seems.

4. Nobody builds fighters and prospects like Top Rank. They got everyone beat in this category by a country mile. Don't believe me, look at the way they brought guys like Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, Oscar, Margarito, Pavlik, Morales and others along. Now compare that to GBP and how they handled B-hop, Shane, Victor Ortiz and other fighters. Also GBP has yet to build a prospect into a star and usually get guys who already have big names in the sport.

5. Nobody handles co-promotions like they do with foreign fighters. If you want to make a name for yourself in the U.S......Top Rank is the place to go. Don't believe me, watch as Gamboa and Solis become big stars (if they work hard that is) in the U.S.

I mean I can go on but, I think you get the point. FWIW I will say that GBP does have a good deal with HBO and the MGM grand, but Top Rank can get dates just as quick as them and they have never had issues getting Vegas dates, making that little advantage not that much of a big deal with comparing the two.

Comment

Gary Shaw promotions puts on a lot of good fight cards and has a talented stable of boxers...
          ________
          Extreme vaporizer review
          Last edited by BostonGuy; 03-09-2011, 03:51 AM.

Comment

Has to be GBP easily

Comment

GBP can promote already establish fighters and make them bigger but they don't know how to promote prospects at all. But top rank can build a prospect and turn them into money makers but don't know how to keep them.

Comment

mayweather promotions lol

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                  Top Rank

1. can put their own ppv's together...no one else can do this

2. is networking with major venues in the U.S. and bringing boxing to different spots such as Cowboys Stadium, Yankees stadium and soon to be Giants Stadium and possible Azteca Stadium

3. Has a deal with the regular TV stations with their Top Rank live series, so many boxers in their stable are getting exposure by being on free tv. GBP does have a deal as well, but they don't have as many dates and there series aren't good and done well at all. Top Rank live does 3-4 dates per month it seems.

4. Nobody builds fighters and prospects like Top Rank. They got everyone beat in this category by a country mile. Don't believe me, look at the way they brought guys like Mayweather, Pacquiao, Cotto, Oscar, Margarito, Pavlik, Morales and others along. Now compare that to GBP and how they handled B-hop, Shane, Victor Ortiz and other fighters. Also GBP has yet to build a prospect into a star and usually get guys who already have big names in the sport.

5. Nobody handles co-promotions like they do with foreign fighters. If you want to make a name for yourself in the U.S......Top Rank is the place to go. Don't believe me, watch as Gamboa and Solis become big stars (if they work hard that is) in the U.S.

I mean I can go on but, I think you get the point. FWIW I will say that GBP does have a good deal with HBO and the MGM grand, but Top Rank can get dates just as quick as them and they have never had issues getting Vegas dates, making that little advantage not that much of a big deal with comparing the two.
                  Top Rank is essentially like UFC or WWE they only fight each other and Bob will only put his guys in with each other and everytime he dares let his guys fight outside that arrangement they lose...Thus it's hard to take them serious at all. When the biggest point in the promotions company is duping the fans into watching these guys fight each other so that the owner who does nothing other than collect the money from the fans the fighters and everyone else is there only motivation, then he becomes Vince mcmahon or Dana White.

Comment

The question is who is the Premier Boxing Company. Top Rank may be building the names but when a fighter has a belt there are men who screw you over. The vultures come circling. Guys like Don King have screwed entire careers out of fighters by swelling their heads and filling them with crap.

The way I see Goldenboy works so well is putting the big names and up and comers who pick up a belt together. That way the senior boxers look after the boxers.

Hats off to Oscar De La Hoya.

Comment

Quite frankly I am blown away by how many people have picked GBP to be the top banner when in actuality it's Top Rank who has the stable of talent that is breaking record numbers.

GBP has recycled too much of their thoroughbreds (i.e. Mosley/Hopkins) and has been a detriment to their up and comers with their risky match making (i.e Victor Ortiz).

Comment

Working...
                      X