Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: Canelo Showed His Fear, I'll Fight Golovkin at Full 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    that was a great fight. bringing it up is just a means of throwing water on the idea of golovkin not fighting lara because he's "afraid" etc.

lara's not on the top of the list of golovkin opponents primarily because he is a JMW. golovkin would be a big favorite, and id bet a few bucks that the posters who said golovkin was ducking lara would be chastising him for fighting a JMW.

lara is just brought up as a boogeyman by people who are blatantly prejudiced against golovkin. if he moves up to middleweight he can get a mandatory ranking for one of golovkin's belts. if hbo gives golovkin a good looking offer they can make the fight without it.

the roadblocks to this fight are not golovkin being afraid of the JMW who went life and death with a fading angulo. the major roadblock is the weight. lara is more than welcome to head to 160 lbs, but for now he's fighting at 154 without being particularly dominant and cannot be taken seriously as a threat to one of the best p4p fighters on the planet, and a true MW.
    My man make no mistake, I'm picking Golovkin to beat Lara! I think the majority of us who are even entertaining the thought of this fight is becuase Lara is legitmately better and more skilled than any of Golovkin's opponents up until this point. A win over Lara, Junior Middle or not will still be the best win of his career so far. I want Golovkin to have some merit, as it stands right now he is as empty a champion as we have ever seen! Whether you want to argue it being his fault or not, we need some name's in the ring with him! If the names that he and his team want don't want to fight him, why not fight the big name guys who have expressed there willingness to fight? Why chase Cotto when he has made it clear he wanted no business with GGG. Why chase Sergio, Canelo, BJS when they DO NOT want to fight you. I'm sorry man but it's so frustrating because I believe the kid has the goods but dammit he has to fight someone with a pulse. Canelo vacates, Lara moves up to 160 & GGG beats him as the new WBC Champ. He defends the title against Danny Jacobs! He moves up to 168 to take on James Degale! Maybe we finally get to see the Ward fighht if they can agree on the weight. Come on man, this is what brings merit to the hype! This is what legitamizes the P4P claims! This is what makes him a great! Not camping out in an empty weightclass while all the big names run from you, and you get to claim you've got the most tilte defenses at 160! That's garbage!

Comment

• Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
      LOL, Team Golovkin keeps ignoring Lara after years of calling them out. I wonder why?
      GGG has never fought anyone with a better resume than Lara's, so why not take this fight and stop chasing Canelo for now?
      Like Andre Ward said, Little G

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        I have lost track of the excuses.

Lara is better than most GGG opponents, and GGG can beat him..... right ?

I hope that Lara gets more vocal, so that my collection of excuses from Loeffler can grow..... if they had 1 genuine reason, then they would state it..... but that guy has used every excuse in the book, it's so obvious.

Just like he did with Ward..... he used every excuse in the book, because he did not have 1 genuine reason.

Just like Pacquiao with the blood testing excuses..... he used a big bunch of silly excuses, because he did not have 1 genuine reason.

People gotta smarten up, it's obvious.
        It's like these G.ay G.olobkin G.uys are never happy. A solid opponent calls him out, "oh no we car fight him, he's boring, doesn't bring anything to the table..."

Golovkin fights Wade" oh he was a mandatory, he Had to fight him.

Flamboyant Queens they remind me of.

Comment

• Lara would need a bigger ring

If Lara plans to "fight" GGG, his team should make sure they get a bigger ring than he did when he fought Canelo, because GGG has better legs and knows how to cut the ring off way better than Canelo. So if Erislandy plans to run his ass out of a KO like he successfully did vs. Canelo, then he'd better have way more space to do so, otherwise he WILL get caught. Which would be very nice to see, BTW. A runner getting caught and KO'd, is always a great sight in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
            It's like these G.ay G.olobkin G.uys are never happy. A solid opponent calls him out, "oh no we car fight him, he's boring, doesn't bring anything to the table..."

Golovkin fights Wade" oh he was a mandatory, he Had to fight him.

Flamboyant Queens they remind me of.
            Change that avi son

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Change that avi son
              I am, but only because my boy one time fight is coming. Porter bout to get Bundu'd. 12-0'd IF he sees the final bell!

Axtually tried to change it last night, but will bring Avi back soon after because Canelo is still the MW champ. I've never experienced a fan base that is pleased by being handed trinkets. It's new to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by JStill Unbiased View Post
                My man make no mistake, I'm picking Golovkin to beat Lara! I think the majority of us who are even entertaining the thought of this fight is becuase Lara is legitmately better and more skilled than any of Golovkin's opponents up until this point. A win over Lara, Junior Middle or not will still be the best win of his career so far. I want Golovkin to have some merit, as it stands right now he is as empty a champion as we have ever seen! Whether you want to argue it being his fault or not, we need some name's in the ring with him! If the names that he and his team want don't want to fight him, why not fight the big name guys who have expressed there willingness to fight? Why chase Cotto when he has made it clear he wanted no business with GGG. Why chase Sergio, Canelo, BJS when they DO NOT want to fight you. I'm sorry man but it's so frustrating because I believe the kid has the goods but dammit he has to fight someone with a pulse. Canelo vacates, Lara moves up to 160 & GGG beats him as the new WBC Champ. He defends the title against Danny Jacobs! He moves up to 168 to take on James Degale! Maybe we finally get to see the Ward fighht if they can agree on the weight. Come on man, this is what brings merit to the hype! This is what legitamizes the P4P claims! This is what makes him a great! Not camping out in an empty weightclass while all the big names run from you, and you get to claim you've got the most tilte defenses at 160! That's garbage!

i don't understand what leads people to believe that lara would be golovkin's best win. no he is a JMW, for starters. that's hugely important. i'm not saying that he can't get to MW and beat contenders [though i think we've seen enough to know that he'd have a lot of problems with a durable MW who comes forward and has power,) i am saying that he has not, and that we can't credit him as if he has. since losing to canelo he's got wins over ishe smith, jan zavek, and delvin rodriguez. those guys aren't even contenders at 154. he's got a rematch scheduled with vanes. you think vanes makes it to the rematch with golovkin ? lara's wins are not comparable to golovkin's opponents, who are not only MWs, but higher ranked and much more numerous. i'm not saying that golovkin's opponents are anything to write home about, btu they're a hell of a lot better than than the lower tier

you don't earn a ranking at MW fighting JMWs.

we can';t give lara a bunch of extra credit because golovkin didn't fight ward. seems to me like most of the people who think lara is the best fighter golovkin has faced are people who don't like golovkin. now i may be wrong about that recently, as this is my first day on bscene in several months

Comment

• Lara's got an opportunity to make a statement this weekend. Hope he does. If GGG can't make a Canelo, Saunders, or Jacobs fight for Sept, and Lara performs against Vanes, give him a shot. He's a decent size for a JMW, I think he came into the Canelo fight over 170 in the ring.

I will say though, Jacobs apparently has Barclays booked for July 30th with no opponent named as of yet. The win over Quillen was in December of last year...why hasn't Lara been calling out Jacobs to get that mando spot for Golovkin's WBA title? He's one MW win away. In fact, Tureano Johnson called him out on his Twitter feed just after he'd won the eliminator that made him GGG's IBF mando on the Golovkin/Lemieux undercard. If he'd fought and beaten Johnson, he would've been fighting GGG instead of Wade...

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                    i don't understand what leads people to believe that lara would be golovkin's best win. no he is a JMW, for starters. that's hugely important. i'm not saying that he can't get to MW and beat contenders [though i think we've seen enough to know that he'd have a lot of problems with a durable MW who comes forward and has power,) i am saying that he has not, and that we can't credit him as if he has. since losing to canelo he's got wins over ishe smith, jan zavek, and delvin rodriguez. those guys aren't even contenders at 154. he's got a rematch scheduled with vanes. you think vanes makes it to the rematch with golovkin ? lara's wins are not comparable to golovkin's opponents, who are not only MWs, but higher ranked and much more numerous. i'm not saying that golovkin's opponents are anything to write home about, btu they're a hell of a lot better than than the lower tier

you don't earn a ranking at MW fighting JMWs.

we can';t give lara a bunch of extra credit because golovkin didn't fight ward. seems to me like most of the people who think lara is the best fighter golovkin has faced are people who don't like golovkin. now i may be wrong about that recently, as this is my first day on bscene in several months
                    Critics are hoping and praying he's got the magic ingredient to beat GGG or at least make him look bad. I think he's severely overrated and would rather see him beat a solid MW before GGG. But at least he claims he wants the fight. He's got a huge opportunity to make a case this weekend...

Comment

• Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
                      I am, but only because my boy one time fight is coming. Porter bout to get Bundu'd. 12-0'd IF he sees the final bell!

Axtually tried to change it last night, but will bring Avi back soon after because Canelo is still the MW champ. I've never experienced a fan base that is pleased by being handed trinkets. It's new to me.
                      Canelo didn't want it

Born ready doe

Comment

Working...
                      X