Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 cent, tommy summers, and their failed attempt to break up mayweather and al haymon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
    Judging from his handwriting and spelling I don't know who in their right mind would go into business with that fool.
    I would honestly take insult to someone sending me a letter like that. ''You don't respect me enough to open up a word document and abstain from using all caps'' is what would go through my mind.

Comment

• So people actually want Floyd to quit doing what's made him the highest paid athlete in the world and to stop paying GBP and Haymon for what they do, and to go with 50 Cent and a guy who's done nothing but carry Floyd's bags forever and instead pay them for whatever they can do????

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I would never get into business with 50. And the Game has a very different account of why they split. There's always 2 sides to every story.

Comment

• Originally posted by subhuman View Post
        I don't know about the dude who wrote the letter (which should have been typed) but I still think Floyd should have went into promoting with 50. He wouldn't have needed GBP to promote his fights and he could have left Haymon who probably takes a big portion of Floyd's fight money. Floyd, Ellerbe, and 50 Cent could have ran TMT Promotions and generated many new viewers. Oh well.
        Not only that but the letter talks about how Al Haymon takes all of his fighters to Golden Boy and not Mayweaher Promotions. When Floyd retires, the fighters on his roster will not generate enough money to allow him to maintain his current lifestyle.

You would think Haymon would help Floyd grow Mayweather Promotions since Floyd is a big reason for Haymons success. But Maybe he has something lined up for Floyd once he retires. Who knows?

Comment

• You mother****ers are reading actual letters sent to Floyd while IN PRISON, and Floyd is criticized? Damn, maybe the hate does runneth deep.

Comment

• Alright so I had to sit back and think on this for a minute cuz this isn't making sense to me. First off, Floyd and 50 are friends (like brothers as they say) why wouldn't 50 bring this to Floyd himself? 50 coulda went to visit him in jail to talk about it. 2. Why would 50 even try to make a move like this while Floyd is in jail. I've heard 50 talk plenty of times and he is a pretty smart guy. He knows this is not how business works. U don't try to start a business with someone go is locked up and will be out in a matter of weeks. Why the urgency? 3. These letters were posted on thisis50.com too. So these letters can't be exposing 50 cuz why would they be on his site? And the first person Floyd was with when he got out was 50 at the movie premier and people say they were at the hiphop awards together. So either 50 is using artificial controversy to promote his album that drops next month, he set up tommy to look stupid by letting him write that letter, or 50 is not as smart as I thought to try to do this while his homie is locked up. Just my observations on this.

Comment

• Originally posted by The904star View Post
              Alright so I had to sit back and think on this for a minute cuz this isn't making sense to me. First off, Floyd and 50 are friends (like brothers as they say) why wouldn't 50 bring this to Floyd himself? 50 coulda went to visit him in jail to talk about it. 2. Why would 50 even try to make a move like this while Floyd is in jail. I've heard 50 talk plenty of times and he is a pretty smart guy. He knows this is not how business works. U don't try to start a business with someone go is locked up and will be out in a matter of weeks. Why the urgency? 3. These letters were posted on thisis50.com too. So these letters can't be exposing 50 cuz why would they be on his site? And the first person Floyd was with when he got out was 50 at the movie premier and people say they were at the hiphop awards together. So either 50 is using artificial controversy to promote his album that drops next month, he set up tommy to look stupid by letting him write that letter, or 50 is not as smart as I thought to try to do this while his homie is locked up. Just my observations on this.
              We heard 50's side of the story already on the radio. He admitted he wanted to make the Floyd/Pac fight and set up the company where the fighters keep all the money and cut out the promoters and the managers. Then his issue was that Floyd had no sense of urgency and 50 "had his own money" and didn't need to wait for Floyd to get a free handout.

The letter just confirms what 50 was talking about. He already admitted everything that was said in the letter in his interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                We heard 50's side of the story already on the radio. He admitted he wanted to make the Floyd/Pac fight and set up the company where the fighters keep all the money and cut out the promoters and the managers. Then his issue was that Floyd had no sense of urgency and 50 "had his own money" and didn't need to wait for Floyd to get a free handout.

The letter just confirms what 50 was talking about. He already admitted everything that was said in the letter in his interview.
                I see what you're saying but why do this while he is in jail? Or why not talk to Floyd himself I stead of someone else writing a letter?

Comment

• They need to do better with these articles to stop making them sound so ****sexual.

50 cent is "trying to breakup Haymond and Mayweather"
                  "Mayweather and 50 have split up"
                  "50 cent has formed a relationship with pacquaio"
                  Paquaio says him and 50 cent are "just talking"

this sounds like some middle school gossip **** and its all because 50 cent doesnt actually promote anything. The only money he ever made from boxing is the times mayweather paid him to rap during his ring introduction.

Comment

• The real question is, did floyd even know about this article prior to release? He actually tweeted... I read a very interesting article you guys should read this (linked article). He could have I'm just wondering is all.

Comment

• I see 50 emphasizing gate numbers in the letter. I think it is because entertainers such as 50 rely a lot on gate numbers for their revenue much more than boxing. just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X