Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Donate To An Official Antonio Tarver Support Fund?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
    No way, he should pay me for buying the Tarver-Jones III PPV.

That whole card sucked. I was mad AF.

I feel you, me and my dude went half on it, I told him it will be good.
    I also bought the Bhop vs Jones rematch, I always tried to support the fighters I like, but Tarver needs to pick himself up, charity won't help him.

Look at Mike Tyson, he was broke, had hundreds of millions, went to prison for rape, got out made more money, lost it all.
    Now Mike is back to being a millionaire, Tarver can make it, but he needs to man up about his mistakes and figure out some hustle to get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
      I feel you, me and my dude went half on it, I told him it will be good.
      I also bought the Bhop vs Jones rematch, I always tried to support the fighters I like, but Tarver needs to pick himself up, charity won't help him.

Look at Mike Tyson, he was broke, had hundreds of millions, went to prison for rape, got out made more money, lost it all.
      Now Mike is back to being a millionaire, Tarver can make it, but he needs to man up about his mistakes and figure out some hustle to get paid.

I probably would've bought the B-Hop-Tarver rematch if it wasn't for Tarver-Jones III after that I said I'd never buy another Tarver PPV.

I ended up buying the Top Rank Cotto-Malignaggi PPV that night.
      Last edited by Santa_; 02-16-2016, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
        Just crossed my mind with all these crowd fundraising and donation sites around, it sucks to see a legend like Tarver currently going through financial troubles. Really all boxers going through this type of thing. No one who put their blood, sweat and tears in the ring should suffer financial woes. If Tarver happened to put up a fundraising page would you contribute/donate to it?

Taking the idea one step further, should there be an international support fund for boxers worldwide which fans can contribute too, sort of like you might do with monthly payments to other charities? This fund would be designed to support any former pro-boxer in times of financial difficulty.

Why should we donate to guys like him. Yea he put in hard work and bloosd sweat and tears. But so does the everyday guy who works an honest job to support their family.

Tarver got paid throughout the years as a champion bpxer very nicely and was made a multi millionaire because he entertained us. But its his dumb fault that he has a gambling and drug addiction. Al Haymon bailed him out of his gambling debts two years ago, now the public needs to pitch in to help him out. Heck No, he needs to get his ass a job like everyone else and quit being a little baby. He had his chance and he had many chances at that.

Comment

That fool gets no scratch from me.

Comment

If he's blown millions then it's his own fault.

He's also a drug cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan91 View Post
              I wouldnt send him one ****ing penny. He made enough in his career to last a lifetime, and if he is broke, it's his own fault

^^^^^this^^^^^^

Comment

I've got an idea, let's make every boxer have compulsory education in savings and investments.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                  No way, he should pay me for buying the Tarver-Jones III PPV.

That whole card sucked. I was mad AF.

So Roy didn't tell you personally before the fight that he was gonna lose on purpose to spite his father?

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                    Why should we donate to guys like him. Yea he put in hard work and bloosd sweat and tears. But so does the everyday guy who works an honest job to support their family.

Tarver got paid throughout the years as a champion bpxer very nicely and was made a multi millionaire because he entertained us. But its his dumb fault that he has a gambling and drug addiction. Al Haymon bailed him out of his gambling debts two years ago, now the public needs to pitch in to help him out. Heck No, he needs to get his ass a job like everyone else and quit being a little baby. He had his chance and he had many chances at that.
                    If he had a debilitating conditioning and burned through his savings I could donate something to a crowd funding site, but being an idiot with his money and having a commentators job on Spike for the PBC that pays better than a normal job and then still begging for money is unreal.

SS Cunningham has a sick daughter who probably has used up his much smaller purses and you have never heard him once complain about his financial situation.

Tarver's plight sounds like an idiotic comedy starring Paulie Shore or the late Richard Pryor.....

Comment

nope, he made his choices.

Comment

Working...
                      X