No announcement yet.

GGG vs Lara will likely never happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG vs Lara will likely never happen

I know this comes up on the daily but this fight isn't happening for a few reasons so before most of the GGG detractors say "Monroe doe" i will give my opinion and understanding why this fight has almost 0% chance of happening, but if it does i will be loving it.

1) Lara's popularity vs. financial cost- " Monroe Doe"... everyone who uses the Monroe argument forgets that Monroe got paid peanuts for that fight. Is Lara more popular than Monroe, yeah sure with Hard core fans, outside of that maybe a little more popular with the casual fans. Monroe got paid 100k for the fight, Lara will likely not take anything less than 1 mill (considering that's how much he made in his last fight). So if we take our NSB hats off and put our common sense hats back on and start doing the math then here is what we will see. In order to make Golovkin vs. Lemiux it had to be PPV, the PPV did poorly, Lara and Golovkin will not be PPV, Lara wanting 1 million (or more) will mean that the fight will have to be on PPV. So this fight isn't going to happen as is unless it happens on PBC, which might not be possible if Golovkin has an exclusive HBO contract so the "Monroe Doe argument is out the window"

2) Haymon vs. HBO - i hope this gets resolved with new management but we all know that Haymon business model doesn't really work with HBO business model and this might stop the fight from being made... unless its made on PBC like the Lomachenko vs GRJ. That's why i don't see the Daniel Jacobs fight happening with GGG any time soon unless its a PPV fight.

Can anyone think of a logical solution of how this fight can take place? i can't see it taking place and i know that the haters on NSB will start moaning about "why not Lara... GGG is ducking blah blah blah"

Well he did fight Lemiuex on ppv and Lemiuex got over a million and according to his fans on here it was a financial success..so why not Lara?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Well he did fight Lemiuex on ppv and Lemiuex got over a million and according to his fans on here it was a financial success..so why not Lara?
      that's why i said take NSB hats off lol. Fans here talk crap, the promotion didn't lose money from my understanding, but i wouldn't tag that PPV as success. so based on your opinion the fight has to be on PPV in order to become a reality?

Comment

- He fights on a different network

- He fights in a different division

-Exactly 9.7 fans demand this fight and they all will post in this thread at some point.

As for me personally, I don't want to see that fight. Lara is no challenge, he doesn't have the style to beat Golovkin. **** this fight.

Comment

Lemieux had been fighting in Quebec almost his whole career and just came off a title victory in his hometown. He was ripe for the economical picking for his career.

His title fight against N'Dam was also on Canadian PPV, he brought viewership with him.

Comment

Lets see what happens with the latest Kovalev/Stevenson offer, sent out last Wednesday. Main Events have agreed to all the terms set fourth by GYM and HBO has agreed to put it on ppv to meet monetary demands. If Haymon kills the fight then there's no making any deals with his fighters being on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post

-Exactly 9.7 fans demand this fight and they all will post in this thread at some point.

As for me personally, I don't want to see that fight. Lara is no challenge, he doesn't have the style to beat Golovkin. **** this fight.
              i don't think he is a challenge either, but some people do and I've seen on a few occasions some of these 9.7 fans claim that GGG is ducking Lara so i posed the question of how can logically this fight be made. Personally the toughest challenge for GGG at 160 and south is Danny Jacobs (not the biggest name but skill wise he will be the toughest and people seem to over look him cause of his Pirog loss).

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post

Seems like you dont want him to fight a challenge period,sure he may win but it would be the best fighter he ever faced

Comment

Seems like you dont want him to fight a challenge period,sure he may win but it would be the best fighter he ever faced
                  I dont think he is the best fighter. he is a good fighter for 154 but he has a really bad style match up for GGG. GGG has a better jab than Lara, good counterpunching skills, will take away Lara's movement, will pressure him and punish him to the body, for the life of me i think this fight will be one of the easiest fights GGG has taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
                    I dont think he is the best fighter. he is a good fighter for 154 but he has a really bad style match up for GGG. GGG has a better jab than Lara, good counterpunching skills, will take away Lara's movement, will pressure him and punish him to the body, for the life of me i think this fight will be one of the easiest fights GGG has taken.
                    easiest at the top level that is (and yes i know it sounds redicoulas but if this fight ever happens you will see what i mean)

Comment

Working...
                    X