Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's be honest here: The Showtime event last night was mediocre at best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats nonsense. One fight sucked. The other two and the showx card were great. We dont need network fanboys. That **** is beyond ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
      Yes.

Because Paulie had no way of winning (he's feather-fisted and couldn't hurt Broner) the main event wasn't really exciting at all.
      I know, if paulie had power Im 100% he would have won clearly, he was hit broner body at will, I mean the first two punches was caught by the philly shell hybird style but the 3rd shot would land clean.

Comment

I don't know, I thought it was a good show. True Banks-Mitchell 2 might be the worst fight of the year, but the other two had my full attention. Plus I love how Showtime uses Showtime Extreme to bring us other fights from the undercard. They are winning right now. They should never bring Hopkins back as a commentator though.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
          Yes.

Because Paulie had no way of winning (he's feather-fisted and couldn't hurt Broner) the main event wasn't really exciting at all.
          Since when is having a chance to win connected to a good fight? Wlad's last 10 opponenets haven't had a chance to win and you find his fights exciting. The only bad fight was the hwt fight.

Comment

Good SHO card and the main event ended up being better then anticipated.

Banks vs. Mitchell did suck but 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              Since when is having a chance to win connected to a good fight? Wlad's last 10 opponenets haven't had a chance to win and you find his fights exciting. The only bad fight was the hwt fight.
              The difference is:

Wladimir fights the best who are available and willing, but he's so much better than the other heavyweights it's not competitive. Broner chose the WEAKEST beltholder he could find at 140 and 147.

There are MANY better opponents for Broner:

Mayweather, Matthysse, Berto, Ortiz, Garcia, Khan, Guerrero, Khabib, Olusegun, Alexander, Peterson, Pacquiao, Marquez, Bradley, Rios, Shafikov, Vasquez, and Brook.

Comment

It was okay wasn't anything special though.

Comment

I was entertained last night, but I think that next Saturday has more potential. It'll be funny if this card gets high ratings though.

Comment

It was at best... Horrible. The first fight looked like two drunk guys brawling it out. The second fight was the lamest fight in the history of boxing. The main event was a robbery!
                    All in all cant see how it was remotely close to anything other than a disaster. The best punch of the fight was a rabbit punch and the best fight of the night was in the crowd. That got the fans more excited than anything.

Comment

I liked the first and third fight last night they showed the fights at 6:30 I did the family thing first then watched these fights at 10:30 last night.

Comment

Working...
                      X