Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The one thing that genuinely impressed me about Broner last night...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
    He has good defense. Who are u comparing him to? I ask once again. Because his d is better than 95% of the top guys out there including guys like Sergio and nonito donaire. So like who? Floyd? Vlad mebbe. B hop? Ward? Who else?
    I'm comparing him to other good defensive fighters. Broner's gets hit as much as Tim Bradley or Carlos Molina or Erislandy Lara or Anselmo Moreno, and they are all fighting better fighters than Broner has.

I'm not calling Broner's defense ****. But his openness to right hands and body shots is something to keep in mind when his competition improves.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
      Naw its not that either. He fights nothing like Floyd did at 23. Broner actually fights like a past prime Floyd.
      I'm not even going to bother comparing him to Mayweather, let alone 23 year old Mayweather who was a damn phenom. I'm just comparing Broner to other good defensive fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyDempsey View Post
        Boxing isn't a game, it's a sport.
        Oh its you again, carrying a grudge? thats ok son you just showed how new you really are.
        Cheers mate

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Yeah, that would explain it. And I think we'll see Broner get hit a lot when he gets in the ring with better fighters. Average fighters are tagging him more than they should, and its something to keep in mind when his opposition improves.

his defense is pretty damn good for a young fighter who is aggressive and has power, IMO. his chin looks solid, too, for what we know of it so far.

he has to stop showboating when he gets hit. shaking his head only lets the crowd and the judges know that contact was made.

Comment

I'm comparing him to other good defensive fighters. Broner's gets hit as much as Tim Bradley or Carlos Molina or Erislandy Lara or Anselmo Moreno, and they are all fighting better fighters than Broner has.

I'm not calling Broner's defense ****. But his openness to right hands and body shots is something to keep in mind when his competition improves.
            Good points. Its almost the same problem Gamboa has. Taking unnecessary shots in a fight could cost you rounds in a close fight or could make a fight tougher than it should be. He still has room for improvement.

Comment

U say he gets hit as much as these guys, sure but moreno, Lara and Molina are all more defensive minded than Broner. So even if, as u say, he gets hit more, he fights with a more aggressive style, its to be expected. At the end of the day it's quite exemplary for a fighter of his age esp in this day and age.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
                Naw its not that either. He fights nothing like Floyd did at 23. Broner actually fights like a past prime Floyd.

i think that's a much more fair comparison than it is to compare him to a younger floyd.

young floyd's hands were insanely fast. his reflexes were as good as it gets. he used his legs. broner is a sharpshooter. he's an offensive fighter with a steady tempo. floyd is a steady defensive fighter. broner looks to set his feet and pick your shots off and land his own gas. broner's got power. that's what he's about.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  i think that's a much more fair comparison than it is to compare him to a younger floyd.

young floyd's hands were insanely fast. his reflexes were as good as it gets. he used his legs. broner is a sharpshooter. he's an offensive fighter with a steady tempo. floyd is a steady defensive fighter. broner looks to set his feet and pick your shots off and land his own gas. broner's got power. that's what he's about.
                  yup, im not sure who he best compares to. winky wright in a lot of ways but winky wasnt a power guy. some james toney too, because james toney was kinda heavy footed as well but not quite. broner is more a pressure fighter than a boxer. he does all the things a pressure fighter typically does without taking much of any punishment for it and at times, when he chooses, he can sharpshoot and box. but he excells at breaking ppl down with the pressure of his offense and the trickiness of his defensive game, its quite a skill set thats unique to him rite now.

Comment

Working...
                  X