Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz trash talking Berto on Ringtv.com article

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the thing about berto. is if he gets hit hard or fall he will get up and fight hard. the only time i didnt like how he fought was vs urango. i feel he has the speed power n skills and needs to take advantage. ortiz will prob look good in this fight until he is hit hard and he will get hit by the faster berto

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      Yeah but it was Maidana
      you are acting like he was tested by Paulie Malinagi
      Maidana is legit and one of the hardest punchers P4P
      and it's not like Ortiz was being dominated he was winning that fight...

Comment

100 mil on Victor

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          Yeah but it was Maidana
          you are acting like he was tested by Paulie Malinagi
          Maidana is legit and one of the hardest punchers P4P
          what do you mean it was maidana? so. everyone in the world even hbo commentators thought he was going to blow by maidana. noone cared bout him before ortiz. before ortiz who maidana beat? after ortiz who maidana beat? chop chop?

Comment

Originally posted by boxer2k5 View Post
            what do you mean it was maidana? so. everyone in the world even hbo commentators thought he was going to blow by maidana. noone cared bout him before ortiz. before ortiz who maidana beat? after ortiz who maidana beat? chop chop?
            He beat Cayo and nearly KO'd Khan if it wasn't for Cortez...

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
              “I’m so ready for Berto,” said Ortiz, who already has opened his training camp in Ventura, Calif. “Actually, I don’t want to sound cocky, but Berto’s whole career just came to an end. From what I hear, he’s underestimating me because I’m a junior welterweight. I don’t know if he recalls being next to me, but I’m a lot bigger than he is.

“All I know is that I’m going to take the belt. In my eyes, Berto is overrated. He hasn’t been tested against a fighter such as myself.”

Ortiz said he has no concerns about moving up a weight class.

“No concerns whatsoever in speed, power or anything else,” he said.

Ortiz said he made the decision to move up to take advantage of an opportunity to fight for a title, which had eluded him at junior welterweight even though he’s ranked No. 1 by the WBO (Timothy Bradley’s belt) and in the Top 10 in the remaining three major sanctioning bodies.

Berto is THE RING’s No. 3-rated welterweight. Ortiz is the No. 9 junior welterweight.

“No one wanted to give me a shot,” he said. “I remember when I lost (to Marcos Maidana), everyone wanted to fight Victor Ortiz. Now that I won a few fights, they’re saying ‘Victor who?’ I don’t appreciate that.

“I got my big fight, though. And I’m very ready.”
              c'mon victor... you quit against maidana, beat up grandpa campbell and drew with peterson...

ortiz shouldn't move up until he needs to.

Comment

Ortiz looked like **** against Monty P.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                  Ortiz looked like **** against Monty P.
                  he had to lose 15 pounds over night...he was probably drained...

Comment

Ortiz might look a lot better at welterweight, either way he's stopping that overrated trash Berto.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                      Ortiz might look a lot better at welterweight, either way he's stopping that overrated trash Berto.
                      I do hope berto gets his come uppance for constantly beating up jr WWs, but I don't really see it.

Comment

Working...
                      X