Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stuff to do after my Weight workout? Questions bout Weight Workout....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff to do after my Weight workout? Questions bout Weight Workout....

Please, answer them all, I would like to know...

I was wondering if after my weight workout, if it would be ok to do some pushups, pullups, situps and dips?
    I Workout with weights every other day (Monday,Wednsday,Friday, and Saturday is for legs!) and those will be the only days that I do Pushups and stuff to avoid overworking...

On Tuesday and Thursday I run, jumprope and cardio stuff, also lots and lots of abs!!!

Also, does increased Reps mean more speed and endurance? Such as 50-100 reps done as fast as possible?

Currently, I can do 100 pushups, 10 pullups, 100 dips, 300 situps

Deadlift-Still at 300lbs
    Bench-Moving on up to 210
    Squat-Still 350
    Row-250
    All One Repitition and MAXES!

What I would like to do is on leg day, do double bodyweight (260lbs) for squats with a Uber ammount of Reps, since going above double bodyweight is useless

And remember, if your going to do high reppititions, Always use dumbells, its FAR more efficient!!!

Also, what are the main lifts that are targeted to punching power? Of what importance are Curls????
    Last edited by XionComrade; 05-06-2005, 06:09 PM.

I'd recommend cutting back on the lifting. Lifting is not going to make you a good fighter. It's also not going to make you a stronger puncher, necessarily. Punching power comes from HOW you throw the punch, not how big your muscles are.

Comment

Yes, I know this, but I am not a fighter although I would like to become one...

Just wondering which ones are more important, the basic ones that are used in a Foreman Style punch, a Tyson style is a full body punch

No way weightlifting could hurt your punching power, unless you overdeveloped certain muscles...
      Last edited by XionComrade; 05-06-2005, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by XionComrade
        Yes, I know this, but I am not a fighter although I would like to become one...

Just wondering which ones are more important, the basic ones that are used in a Foreman Style punch, a Tyson style is a full body punch

No way weightlifting could hurt your punching power, unless you overdeveloped certain muscles...
        first of all, weightlifting is NOT going to give you a knockout punch like foreman or tyson, punchers are born not made! it can increase your power a little but certainly not more than correct technique and knowing how to punch correctly. fighters should not lift more than 3 days a week on a full body routine not split routines that is for bodybuilders, weather you go high weight low reps or low weight high reps is really an individual thing there's good arguments for both.

Comment

Low weight high reps makes you lean, heavy weight low reps makes you big and bulky. Heavy bag work is best for punching power, and shadow boxing is good for speed which is just as important. Weight lifting can help a good bit if done correctly. Curls are good for bringing your arm back quickly after a punch. Squats are a must, remember Tyson had 28" legs
          Last edited by buff_mike10; 05-06-2005, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by toehead
            punchers are born not made!
            Not according to Cuz Damato!!! He said that their is "No such thing as a Natural Puncher."

Im going to try to get a punching bag. Do they come in different weights? Whats the heavyest?

Comment

If you can do 100 dips then you have freakishly strong triceps and I think you should be telling us how to train. Anyway I play a lot of different sports and I find that doing some flexibility and stability training after a workout or even some light core work really makes a big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by XionComrade
                Please, answer them all, I would like to know...

I was wondering if after my weight workout, if it would be ok to do some pushups, pullups, situps and dips?
                I Workout with weights every other day (Monday,Wednsday,Friday, and Saturday is for legs!) and those will be the only days that I do Pushups and stuff to avoid overworking...

On Tuesday and Thursday I run, jumprope and cardio stuff, also lots and lots of abs!!!

Also, does increased Reps mean more speed and endurance? Such as 50-100 reps done as fast as possible?

Currently, I can do 100 pushups, 10 pullups, 100 dips, 300 situps

Deadlift-Still at 300lbs
                Bench-Moving on up to 210
                Squat-Still 350
                Row-250
                All One Repitition and MAXES!

What I would like to do is on leg day, do double bodyweight (260lbs) for squats with a Uber ammount of Reps, since going above double bodyweight is useless

And remember, if your going to do high reppititions, Always use dumbells, its FAR more efficient!!!

Also, what are the main lifts that are targeted to punching power? Of what importance are Curls????
                busta nut

Comment

Curls are for the girls.

Comment

Punching bags come in all different sizes. Cus started Tyson with a light bag, then got heavier and heavier till he was busting around bags other heavyweights couldn't budge.

Comment

Working...
                    X