Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are your most overrated boxers right now.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
    I sure saw Chris Algieri in the top 10 before
    Not at welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Not at welterweight.
      Wait, I thought Golovkin fans said weightclass doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
        Wait, I thought Golovkin fans said weightclass doesn't matter.
        No one said that. It does matter, although not when someone has filled out and can no longer make the lower weight and have to move up anyway.

Welterweight Floyd Mayweather fought lightweight Juan Manuel Marquez, and the much smaller Manny Pacquiao.

Welterweight Sugar Ray Leonard fought lightweight Roberto Duran and lost.

Middleweight Bernard Hopkins fought welterweights Oscar De La Hoya and Felix Trinidad.

Middleweight Jake LaMotta fought welterweight Sugar Ray Robinson.

Middleweight Harry Greb fought heavyweights.

Sam Langford weighed in at 157 if I remember correctly, when he fought Jack Johnson for the world "colored" heavyweight title.

Comment

No one said that. It does matter, although not when someone has filled out and can no longer make the lower weight and have to move up anyway.

Welterweight Floyd Mayweather fought lightweight Juan Manuel Marquez, and the much smaller Manny Pacquiao.

Middleweight Bernard Hopkins fought welterweights Oscar De La Hoya and Felix Trinidad.

Sam Langford weighed in at 157 if I remember correctly, when he fought Jack Johnson for the world "colored" heavyweight title.
          Brook was going to fight Vargas at 147 before he signed to fight Golovkin. How is that no longer able to make the weight?

Golovkin fans have this habit of just making whatever the fuck they want up to suit their agenda.
          Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 08-23-2016, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
            Brook was going to fight Vargas at 147 before he signed to fight Golovkin. How is that no longer able to make the weight?
            You mean you don't understand he decided to not fight Vargas because he knew he'd struggle to make the weight?

You're dumber than I thought.

Comment

Bundu is NOT top ten!

Check the transnational and Ring top ten. Do you see Bundu's name there?

Have you EVER seen his name in a CREDIBLE top ten welterweight list like The Ring and Transnational?
              Actually you have changed the criteria. I said the same thing about Vitaly's opponents not being ranked by these independent rankings years ago and you defended them to the gills. What has changed that you know see the error of your ways?

Comment

Pacquiao and Mayweather fight night weight had been around the same for years.

Duran had 8 WW fights before fighting SRL.

Both Trinidad and DLH were MW title holders.

Comment

Originally posted by massa of demos View Post
                  Spence(his best win is Avocado Algieri), Crawford(Postol is criminally overrated, he has one win over a shot Matthyse), and Kovalev(He's elite but let's be real he's not even close to GGG's level).
                  Those who are not fighting top 10 fighters you fans know who they are they usually come from TMT or Haymon

Comment

You mean you don't understand he decided to not fight Vargas because he knew he'd struggle to make the weight?

You're dumber than I thought.
                    There we go again, making **** up. He signed for Golovkin because he'd struggle to make weight for Vargas.

Why's he saying he'll go back to WW then if he can't make the weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                      There we go again, making **** up. He signed for Golovkin because he'd struggle to make weight for Vargas.

Why's he saying he'll go back to WW then if he can't make the weight?
                      I don't know - perhaps it's just talk.

He said before he wasn't going back because he can't make the weight, so he's contradicting himself. Maybe he's motivated to fight Spence, or he's just playing games.

He weighed in 11 pounds heavier than Golovkin a week ago. Brook won't go back to 147 - he's too big.

Comment

Working...
                      X