No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: LIVE STREAM: Cotto-Caneo Mandalay Official Weigh-in

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Most healthy he's looked at a weigh in in a while. The early camp has obviously helped.

Canelo always usually looks a little dehydrated and drawn, but he looked huge there while looking very healthy.
    Absolutely agree. And you're spot on in regards to the early camp, very professional turn out for Canelo and Co for this bout, I'm very very impressed and happy. Canelo is going to do the business tomorrow and it'll be his moment, I'm sure of it now I've seen just how well he looks and how very obviously perfect his camp went!

Comment

Canelo is going to smash Cotto tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        He can win this fight counter-punching.

Miguel has been caught with plenty of solid counters by many different fighters. Canelo likes to counter and then go on the offensive, I see no reason that can't win him this fight.
        If canelo counters punches he can be out worked. Cotto stamina isn't considered great but he definitely has the higher punch output between the two. He's not as quick as Floyd or Lara but cotto has the better footspeed and the better jab than canelo.

Canelo could win counterin if he lands big punch that ko cotto or just takes cotto confidence. It's possible that doesn't happen

The more likely fight strategy that will win canelo the fight is coming forward but we shall see!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
          If canelo counters punches he can be out worked. Cotto stamina isn't considered great but he definitely has the higher punch output between the two. He's not as quick as Floyd or Lara but cotto has the better footspeed and the better jab than canelo.

Canelo could win counterin if he lands big punch that ko cotto or just takes cotto confidence. It's possible that doesn't happen

The more likely fight strategy that will win canelo the fight is coming forward but we shall see!!!
          I agree, but he's not purely a counter puncher so I don't see it being an issue.

Countering and then going on the attack is something he does well and does often. Kirkland was damaged early by a counter, Trout was caught by a number of counters and floored heavily by one...

I do expect he'll be going forward a lot, but I also expect him to start off counter-punching and he'll get aggressive either after a few rounds or after landing something big.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            roach looks shook as a mofo, lol
            Mathed, Roach has Parkinsons, in case you forgot. Don't know if anyone can tell if he looks shook. He's always shaking.

Comment

Both looked great, i think the Mexican crowd got to Cotto a bit, both ready

Canelo doesnt look drain or anything

My money is still on Pink Cotto, while my cheerleading will be for Nelo

Comment

Cotto by knockout!

Comment

So much for Canelo being drained. Both looked excellent. So psyched for tomorrow! Good to see Rigo back as well. Will be interesting to see if he's still got it or is in fact starting to slip.

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr View Post
                    Mathed, Roach has Parkinsons, in case you forgot. Don't know if anyone can tell if he looks shook. He's always shaking.
                    LOL u just made me spit my beer, green k!

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      So much for Canelo being drained. Both looked excellent. So psyched for tomorrow! Good to see Rigo back as well. Will be interesting to see if he's still got it or is in fact starting to slip.
                      Canelo's only "Drained" when he loses to Mayweather. That's the forum rules brah.

Comment

Working...
                      X