Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fellow Floyd fans,stop trying to justify the catchweight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
    The catchweight is a problem because Floyd contradicted himself.

But I'm happy about it because:

1. Canelo won the paper title against Matthew Hatton (a welterweight at a catchweight)

2. Defended the title against smaller fighters (Alfonso Gomez, Josesito Lopez and Shane Mosley and now Mayweather.)

So the argument "Why does a 154 pound champion need to fight another 154 champion at a catchweight?" argument can easily be countered with why hasn't Canelo (the 154 pound champion) been defending his title against 154 pound fighters?"

Lara, Molina, Kirkland and Angulo have all been fighting each other only to end up being screwed.

And yes he fought Trout but I'm not giving him props for doing something he was supposed to do. That doesn't erase the bull**** that was going on before.
    This will go unanswered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Gun View Post
      I'm shocked people are actually defending the CW. Pure ignorance! Bashed PAC for it but for Floyd it's ok??? Sheesh. Smh

Die hard Floyd fans have no shame, they will defend the Catchweight King to the death.

Props to TS for finally seeing the light.

Comment

• If Canelo signed the papers and agreed to it, it is on him.

These fighters need to have more backbone in negotiations. They have the choice to walk away. He did not even Need Floyd. He was making good money on his own.

I'm not hating on Floyd for doing it, just like I didn't hate on Manny for doing it. The guys with power will always try to swindle things in their favor. The ones looking for the fight simply need to learn how to say F**k This and walk if they feel they are being treated unfairly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andyreww View Post
          Not even close to being similar.Pac's never found anyone near the size of canelo.
          Pac never insulted another star like Floyd did. You have no clue what hypocrisy is. I'll give you a clue. Both Floyd and Pac have done Catchweights.....only ONE said he is not that type of guy. "I don't do Catchweights". Guess who that was??? I'll give you a hint. He goes by Money.

Comment

• Fight week!!!!!!!

Cant ****in wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
              isn't that what the thread is about? i'm just saying there's a lot of bias ppl on both sides of the coin
              But the difference is Pac fans don't try to justify Pac saying "I don't do Catchweights, I am not that type of guy" because he wasn't the one who said it. Both guys may be wrong for doing Catchweights but only ONE was a hypocrite and we know who that is.

Comment

• Floyd is the stipulation king

Name one legit fight since augustus
                Beside the zab fight

Stipulations run wild at the mayweather boxing club.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                  If Canelo signed the papers and agreed to it, it is on him.

These fighters need to have more backbone in negotiations. They have the choice to walk away. He did not even Need Floyd. He was making good money on his own.

I'm not hating on Floyd for doing it, just like I didn't hate on Manny for doing it. The guys with power will always try to swindle things in their favor. The ones looking for the fight simply need to learn how to say F**k This and walk if they feel they are being treated unfairly.
                  Canelo should come in at 154. It still won't matter. Canelo is still going to get his ass kicked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                    Name one legit fight since augustus
                    Beside the zab fight

Stipulations run wild at the mayweather boxing club.
                    You're just typing just to type.

Comment

Working...
                    X