No announcement yet.

what great fights never happened ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    So why didn't Bowe fight Lewis? Was he ducking him or are the rumors of Lewis pricing himself out true?
    What are these rumors of Lewis pricing himself out? Only one moron that use to post here ever claimed that and it was completely false. Bowe lowballed Lewis with a 90/10 split offer knowing it would be completely ridiculous for Lennox to take it. When the WBC forced the matter Bowe dumped the belt, simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by atomicsad View Post
      Duran vs. Tony Ayala. Though I think Duran would have murdered him.
      Tony Ayala will always be a case of what could have been. A guy who just couldn't leave a life of crime alone. That would have been a good fight to see.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        What are these rumors of Lewis pricing himself out? Only one moron that use to post here ever claimed that and it was completely false. Bowe lowballed Lewis with a 90/10 split offer knowing it would be completely ridiculous for Lennox to take it. When the WBC forced the matter Bowe dumped the belt, simple as that.
        Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

Comment

I've thought about that one, but IMO Ayala's potential is overrated. Duran indeed would have murdered him.

I would have wanted to see Lopez against Carbajal. Carbajal's overrated butt would have been exposed, and Lopez would have had a quality win at flyweight.
          Last edited by SBleeder; 12-07-2012, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Oxymoron at large...

"Great fight" implies a competetive one. If Duran would've murdered him, how could it be considered a great fight? Would you consider Duran/Moore a great fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
              "Great fight" implies a competetive one. If Duran would've murdered him, how could it be considered a great fight? Would you consider Duran/Moore a great fight?
              I would, but only because it was a great stoppage win for Duran and I like fights that end in KOs or TKOs usually and from what I've heard, few people picked Duran to win that one. But overall, no, kind of one sided, but I liked it.

Speaking of Duran, I just heard they're making a movie out of the Hands of Stone book, with an actor named Gael Gacia Bernal as Duran, Robert De Niro as Ray Arcel and Usher as Sugar Ray Leonard. You might want to check that one out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gael_Garcia_Bernal
              Last edited by Anthony342; 12-09-2012, 12:45 AM.

Comment

I would have liked to see tony alya vs the duran that beat moore.

Comment

A few for the pot.....

Barry McGuigan v Azumah Nelson - still sounds like an absolute 'barn-burner' even 30 years too late.

Calzaghe v Froch - Joe did not need or want Carl, but it would have been seriously epic. Super-middleweight Nirvana!

Bowe v Lewis - as discussed before, the Hollywood classic that never got made! Thanks Rock Newman and Frank Maloney....

Jeff Harding v Thomas Hearns - the collision of the two 'Hitmen' could have happened and would have been best at light-heavyweight. Relentless, gritty, strong-as-a-bull Aussie hardman versus the fast, explosive, more-gifted Detroit legend. Find a car and hard beneath it!

Frank Bruno v Tommy Morrison - ok, so it's not a meeting of greats but circa 1995 we would have all loved a ringside ticket for this fight between two of the biggest punchers and weakest chins in the business. Would have loved to have seen it at MSG.

Comment

Sanchez vs Pedroza

Chandler vs Pintor

Holyfield vs Spinks

Trinidad vs Quartey

Jackson vs Mugabi

Tyson vs Tua

Comment

I would like to have seen a rematch of hagler hearns. Tommy buckled his knees and cut marvin. He came back to have a better showing against leonard in the second fight so I really think tommy had the ability to mentally rebound from a ko loss. Either way it would have been exciting.

Comment

Working...
                      X