No announcement yet.

Magic fire Stan Van Gundy, and team and Otis Smith part ways

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    lol, that's what I was just gonna address.

Who are they gonna get to replace him?
    Some teams just don't know how to value themselves. I understand if you have the inside route to a great coach but if you don't, why get rid of the best coach you are gonna be able to get....At some point you have to realize you are the Orlando Magic. A franchise with no history, no fan base, and honestly in a region that could give 2 ****s about the sport. They have nice weather so maybe a coach will be lured there but I'm not sure any good coach is going to be dying for the job, especially with front office problems.

Originally posted by Sweet Tooth
    i thought he did a damn good job for a team whose superstar was being a drama queen , created lots of distraction and didn't show up a lot of games.
    I saw the drama that Howard created, that's always tough. It's especially tough when it's your star and in basketball where you only have 5 guys at a time. He was gonna fail no matter how great he did.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Tooth
      i liked that team. when they got rid of hedo i was annoyed.

hedo + rashard was a deadly 3-4 combo.

rashard pulls the opposing power forward to the perimeter and hedo was too big for opposing small forwards.

then when dwight rests , they got big ass gortat.

rafer alston was balling , until jameer returned.

pietrus was big and strong on d on the perimeter. barnes was feisty and scrappy.

that was a good team. they lose in the finals and they blow the thing up.
      For Vince f***ing Carter. Vince F***ING CARTER. I swear it feels like just yesterday all these people are telling me I should be happy, that Vinsanity was coming to help my Magic win the championship, and I was shouting back that they were f***ing ******ed. Vince Carter!?

Comment

Working...
      X