Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Murray-Wood cancelled. Free to fight GGG in Feb.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hopefully murray has his visa situation sorted out, so he can get ko'd in MSG.

Comment

If this fight happens, I think easy work for GGG. A few months ago, when discussing GGG-Murray:

"I wanted to fight Kostya Tszyu three years before I boxed him and if I'd done that, he'd have beaten me," Hatton admitted. "It's all about the right timing - build the fight up, build the interest."

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        damn,,, murray needs at least a tune-up for ggg,,,, he hasnt fought since the serg fight earlier this year,,,,

GGG-murray is going to be a great fight, and ggg will have to be patient and work hard to break down murray's defense and will,,,, I like ggg to have a late stoppage in about the 10th or 11th round,,,,
        Yeah, they need to bring someone else in for Murray to fight. Maybe the Ukrainian (Ring #9, WBA #4) Bursak would be a good replacement.

Either way, he definitely needs to fight someone else before Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Are all fights in Australia in PPV? Didn't think Murray-Wood would be.

I guess this explains why Hatton went for Wood over Quillin though. No clue how they get so much money for these weird fights over there.
          The Australian Boxing scene is a disgrace, all fights on a pseudo world level (see the careers of Mundine etc.) are televised on PPV.

Comment

If Murray turns down the Golovkin shot due to not having time for a tune-up, Daniel Geale is WBA's No.2 contender. He should take the fight (assuming the money is right).

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
              The Australian Boxing scene is a disgrace, all fights on a pseudo world level (see the careers of Mundine etc.) are televised on PPV.
              That's a shame. I vaguely recall Martinez vs Chavez also being a PPV even though I doubt they're big recognizable names over there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                If Murray turns down the Golovkin shot due to not having time for a tune-up, Daniel Geale is WBA's No.2 contender. He should take the fight (assuming the money is right).
                Geale is a risky fight for no title.

If not Golovkin then he might have a domestic dust up with Matthew Macklin

Comment

Working...
                X