Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mosley Believes Canelo is Ready For The Best Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosley came for a Pay Check he did not throw anything with power. He threw weak ass jab. Mosley should retire!! He is not the same Mosley who fought Miguel Cotto in 2008. Mosley is done he can't pull the trigger. And he is in there as a stepping stone for a Payday!

Canelo is good but Mosley did not test him or take him to deep waters!

I would like to see Canelo vs Cotto at 154!
    Cotto will test this kid to his limits. And will really see what he is made of.

No way is he ready for Mayweather.

Let's see Canelo take on a Victor Ortiz or a Miguel Cotto. Before they start talking Mayweather or Pacquiao.

Comment

Canelo vs the winner of Berto v Ortiz Sept.15..

My opinion he beats both easily

Comment

canelo fast? it's more a case of mosley getting slow.
        also looks like mosley finally admitted to his gatekeeper status.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
          Thats high praise from Shane. I admit im not completely sold on Canelo but its obvious he does have talent and ill take Shanes opinion over mine. Canelo vs Cotto would be a huge exciting fight. I say let Cotto grab another belt against Bundrage and let Canelo fight Kirkland to show he can beat a decent fighter who isnt shot then let them meet in the summer.
          I agree it would be a fight to remember, an all out war if it ever happens.

Comment

Agree with most would love to see canelo vs. cotto... It's the great mexican vs. puertorican rivalry plus both like to trade, although cotto is a lot smarter now with diaz as his trainer but it would still be an action packed fight.

Comment

I would like to see canelo vs lara. Ifhe can beat him than he is the best at 154 after mayweather imo.

Comment

The Racket Squad: Heart of A Child, Chin of ?

Let me get this straight.
                Based on the opposition he has faced thus far, Golden Egg is taking Saul PPV?
                What an insult to every fan around the globe.

But let's face it. The race card is in full bloom here.
                If this particular Mexican looked like Chavez Sr. he would still be mining for big fights in Cancun.
                Red is the magic color in this equation, just as lighter skinned blacks receive different attention than darker African Americans.
                If the kid beat a challenger of any consequence my protest would not be as harsh.
                But hes has not.

This child has never even faced a top ten opponent and he received 2 mil to beat up an aged Shane who stood up to him better than he did against Floyd or Pac.
                There are much better fighters who work their entire lives to get just one of the breaks handed on a silver platter to 'Canelo'.

It is an educated guess that Alvarez has a whiskers issue that has yet to surface.
                He also falls asleep during crucial exchanges, a trait that will haunt him when he fights a prime time candidate.
                In addition, his footwork is uneven, he throws wild at times for a someone who 'claims' to have 43 pro starts and his passion is more than questionable.
                The ovation at the end of the Mosley contest was for Shane, not the 2 decade younger, untested 'next big thing'.

The fight racket is running way off the tracks with this ginger bread promotion.
                Paying to see Saul at this point is like being asked to pay for food you have already digested.
                We have seen this greed too many times before.

Comment

yeah but this canelo he aint going to fight lara he knows hell get his ass beat and this ****ing sport is just about money and all these mexican boxers regardless if they good or not they got the promoters behind them they know they sellout there are alot of mexicans that follow their boxers and all the spanish channels all they backup is the mexican boxers and the mexican sport players like ****ing garbage ass chicharito hernandez the soccer player

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
                    Let me get this straight.
                    Based on the opposition he has faced thus far, Golden Egg is taking Saul PPV?
                    What an insult to every fan around the globe.

But let's face it. The race card is in full bloom here.
                    If this particular Mexican looked like Chavez Sr. he would still be mining for big fights in Cancun.
                    Red is the magic color in this equation, just as lighter skinned blacks receive different attention than darker African Americans.
                    If the kid beat a challenger of any consequence my protest would not be as harsh.
                    But hes has not.

This child has never even faced a top ten opponent and he received 2 mil to beat up an aged Shane who stood up to him better than he did against Floyd or Pac.
                    There are much better fighters who work their entire lives to get just one of the breaks handed on a silver platter to 'Canelo'.

It is an educated guess that Alvarez has a whiskers issue that has yet to surface.
                    He also falls asleep during crucial exchanges, a trait that will haunt him when he fights a prime time candidate.
                    In addition, his footwork is uneven, he throws wild at times for a someone who 'claims' to have 43 pro starts and his passion is more than questionable.
                    The ovation at the end of the Mosley contest was for Shane, not the 2 decade younger, untested 'next big thing'.

The fight racket is running way off the tracks with this ginger bread promotion.
                    Paying to see Saul at this point is like being asked to pay for food you have already digested.
                    We have seen this greed too many times before.
                    If you are really 60 years old and been watching boxing for a long time, shame on you for ignoring the facts.

What you said has merit but you are ignoring one major thing, JCC doesn't look the part and he was big, so was Barrera, Morales and JMM. Race has nothing to do with it, it's about public appeal.

Canelo is a good looking kid, there's no denying that and he garnishes attention but to think he has no substance is ridiculous. He's had a much tougher outing than JCC jr for example and is only 21 years old.

Its not his fault the WBC propped him up, I would let it happen as well if I was in his shoes. Plus the kid can fight, he may not be Floyd Mayweather or Sergio Martinez, but who is??

I didn't see that wild swinging or bad footwork you talk about and I'm a boxing trainer, been one now for over 12 years. I don't claim to know it all but show me a lot of 21 year old's with that patience, poise, power and ability to stand in the spotlight with all that pressure on his back. The weight of a country is behind this kid and you shouldn't diminish that in the least.

I understand Canelo criticism, but this Canelo hate is ridiculous. The kid can fight.

Comment

Originally posted by nickphilli View Post
                      Canelo vs the winner of Berto v Ortiz Sept.15..

My opinion he beats both easily
                      Berto is big risk given the Ginger Bread boy's lack of whisker testing.
                      Ortiz is a better pug than andre with skills you only learn from being in there with guys like Floyd, even if the conclusion was disaster.

My guess is James Kirkland.
                      He is strong but not very composed and will fall apart once struck by any thunder.

Comment

Working...
                      X