Mayan Prophecy FAILURE REINFORCES How WRONG, STUPID AND ABSURD Religion Is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    [IMG]http://cdn.*****************/instances/400x/20067367.jpg[/IMG]
    Would be funny if the Mayan civilization hadn't already fallen into decline 200 years before the Spanish arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      If I remember, the Mayans did not predict the world would end. That's something people assumed or predicted based on the Mayan calendar ending.
      No they did not. They merely predicted the last earth cycle-whatever that means- which began on Aug. 13, 3114 BC and will end precisely on the winter solstice of Dec. 21, 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
        I believe God created the Universe and that there will be a day when Earth will be so hot that you could literally feel the sun on you and then we will all get killed.
        That's a scientific fact. Eventually the sun's going to expand and cook Earth. I doubt humanity will still be around at that point, something will wipe us out before then if we stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
          No they did not. They merely predicted the last earth cycle-whatever that means- which began on Aug. 13, 3114 BC and will end precisely on the winter solstice of Dec. 21, 2012.
          Atheists will always distort the truth to build their case. Sad.

Comment

That's a scientific fact. Eventually the sun's going to expand and cook Earth. I doubt humanity will still be around at that point, something will wipe us out before then if we stay.
            That fact was stated by Religious books over a thousand years a go.

However what you say about us being wiped out before then is simply a theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
              That fact was stated by Religious books over a thousand years a go.

However what you say about us being wiped out before then is simply a theory.
              I can't imagine humanity will be around billions of years from now when the sun does expand and Earth becomes too hot. Something will happen, either we will survive long enough to find another planet and a way to get there, or some type of disaster will kill us.

Comment

I can't imagine humanity will be around billions of years from now when the sun does expand and Earth becomes too hot. Something will happen, either we will survive long enough to find another planet and a way to get there, or some type of disaster will kill us.
                I'm glad my lanky ass will be gone long before that happens, because that's the most frightening of all possible fates this planet may meet.

Obviously the temperature would gradually go up year after year as the sun continued to sxpand and the Earth got closer and closer to it's surface. So basically, at some point, human beings will begin to cook from the inside out.

I imagine that'd be a brutally painful way to go.

Comment

We have the technology and more importantly the intelligence to make sure our species survive. If there is a disaster, I doubt all 6 Billion of us will die. Thousands of years a go we were few in number and look how many there are now. A few thousand surviviors is enough.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                    I'm glad my lanky ass will be gone long before that happens, because that's the most frightening of all possible fates this planet may meet.

Obviously the temperature would gradually go up year after year as the sun continued to sxpand and the Earth got closer and closer to it's surface. So basically, at some point, human beings will begin to cook from the inside out.

I imagine that'd be a brutally painful way to go.
                    I am afraid the UK climate will be suited to Mosquitoes all year around. Bastards

Comment

So much fail by thread starter

With that said, its pretty remarkable what the mayans were able to observe/learn just by looking at the stars and using sticks.

Comment

Working...
                      X