Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Stevens test for GGG or just another one sided mismatch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Stevens test for GGG or just another one sided mismatch?

Can Curtis "Showtime" Stevens really test GGG or it's just another one sided beating by GGG?

What's your opinion?

He's a test for Golovkin's chin.

Comment

i wouldnt call it a test. stevens can punch so he cant be overlooked, he has a punchers chance against anyone which includes golovkin. but as an all around fighter he isnt all that good and ggg should beat him rather easily. it sure as hell isnt the step up in competition he needs if he wants to prove that he is the best MW out there, thats for sure. its another showcase fight with a "what if" factor due to stevens' power.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
        He's a test for Golovkin's chin.
        Yeah, but most of fans giving Curtis little chance.

BTW Curtis' only chance are KO or TKO. He won't win by UD, that's clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
          Can Curtis "Showtime" Stevens really test GGG or it's just another one sided beating by GGG?

What's your opinion?
          I think Stevens will come out trying to test GGG, and his speed and power at least imply it could be competitive, but I believe the gulf in skill and ring IQ between the two will make it very much an exhibition from GGG.

It should at least answer the question of whether Golovkin can handle a different kind of a fighter (an almost pure puncher/ counter puncher) than he has faced before, and Curtis' proven KO power at least in theory gives him a chance.

Provided Curtis comes to fight (as it seems he intends) it should at the least provide plenty of excitement.

Golovkin TKO5

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
            Yeah, but most of fans giving Curtis little chance.

BTW Curtis' only chance are KO or TKO. He won't win by UD, that's clearly.
            Write it again but with bigger font, that one is too damn small, I can't read that fookin thing.

Comment

Stevens is not ranked in the top fifteen by the WBC, WBA or IBF. That should be a good indication.

Comment

Maybe for the first two rounds Stevens will make it a competitive match and then Golovkin will figure him out and from then on out it will be hunting season for Golovkin. Stevens will get the worst defeat of his career.

Comment

No one else will sign to fight but Stevens did so thats the test. Everytime you step in the ring your testing yourself. GGG has to keep fighting and Stevens saif I'm your man, congrates and ring the bell. Have a great fight and both be safe at the end.
                  Ray.

Comment

One-sided mismatch. Would have preferred Sergio Mora, personally. Stevens talked himself into this fight, nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                    X