Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Enjoy Watching Andre Ward Box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm surprised to see that you guys are unanimous in saying Ward-Miranda was boring. I thought it was a good fight, Ward put a clinic on Miranda, outboxed him, and I don't recall that there were that many clinches.

Kessler fight was good too.

Green fight was decent.

Bika fight was awful.

Comment

I think against Kessler his rough tactics were planned by he and V Hill. Generally speaking Euros dont like to fight in the trenches, scratch that....Euro refs dont really allow for infighting...well except maybe in England. Anyway I digress, they are very fundamental and tactical. Ward caught team Kessler off guard. Against Green I think Green did most of the holding...that dude just wanted to survive. And as far as Bika goes...NOBODY looks good against Bika. He is a very rough, borderline dirty fighter himself...was there any question Ward v. Bika would turn into a headbutt/elbow street fight?

I think against Abraham you'll see Ward box a lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post
        I think against Kessler his rough tactics were planned by he and V Hill. Generally speaking Euros dont like to fight in the trenches, scratch that....Euro refs dont really allow for infighting...well except maybe in England. Anyway I digress, they are very fundamental and tactical. Ward caught team Kessler off guard. Against Green I think Green did most of the holding...that dude just wanted to survive. And as far as Bika goes...NOBODY looks good against Bika. He is a very rough, borderline dirty fighter himself...was there any question Ward v. Bika would turn into a headbutt/elbow street fight?

sorry, but Bute looked great against Bika

he kept dirty Bika on the outside and outboxed him

Comment

Garbage fighter.

lol@ Ivan... "sweet" science my ass.

More like bitter crushed up aspirin in cottonmouth.

Once he leaves Oakland he starts getting ktfo and dq'd in those poor excuses for fights.

In hindsight, Dirrell was smart to avoid that bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
            That's cool, I respect your opinion.

It's definitely possible that he doesn't have confidence in his chin.
            Ward uses those special pillow-like gloves, which he holds up to his head for protection.

If he fights outside California, he won't be permitted to use those.

Comment

And beckoning, what was so great about the Green fight?

It was just Hatton-esque mauling against a guy who didn't wanna fight.

Awful man.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                The attendance went from 8000 for Ward's Green fight down to 4100 for his Bika fight.

He's not easy to watch, even for people who like him. The referees need to stop him from holding his opponents' arms.
                This is awesome news. They can't even pay his hometown to come watch that garbage.

Hopefully he rots in Oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRo1972 View Post

Bika-Codrington was a gem of a fight.

If you havent' seen it, watch it.

Awesome action.

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
                    I like it.. just like I like Bernard Hopkins.

Sometimes that style is needed.. like when you're facing an incredible boxer. You need to smother him and push on him so he can't use his speed advantage over you, which is just as unfair.

It reminds me of an old school type of boxing. It's not the boxer's job to enforce the rules- that's why there's a referee. If the referee's not doing his job, then you take advantage.

The same way Mayweather admitted he uses the elbow for defense as many times as he can until the ref warns him, and that's when he stops.
                    It's all part of the game to me.
                    what incredible boxers has he used those against?

Another reason I like bhop so much more than andre. He used it when needed.

Comment

no...........

Comment

Working...
                      X